Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 04:58 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,895,647 times

Advertisements

Okay, I know, it's fast food, and I'll be flogged for saying this, but my child and I went to Burger King to try the new Mac N’ Cheetos. They have a crispy, Cheetos-flavored coating surrounding a steamy, cheesy, gooey, mac-n-cheese interior. Now, in what universe is that not tasty? I understand there are those who cannot entertain the idea of ingesting such a carb-loaded creation, but if your constitution allows - try them.

I know I'll be met with derisive commentary, but those things are GOOD!!!!

"Release the Kraken!!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 05:16 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,565,645 times
I saw the first commercial for them this morning Grinder. I'm not opposed to giving them a try.

Only thing is, it's hard to beat my Mac-n-cheese

*What was the consistency of the cheese anyway? Was it the fake cheese stuff like in the can, or did it have any real cheddar in it?

Old 06-24-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
I saw the first commercial for them this morning Grinder. I'm not opposed to giving them a try.

Only thing is, it's hard to beat my Mac-n-cheese

*What was the consistency of the cheese anyway? Was it the fake cheese stuff like in the can, or did it have any real cheddar in it?
It's not a replacement for good old homemade mac-n-cheese. You could always take your homemade mac-n-cheese and roll it in crushed Cheetos.
When we tasted them they were hot, so the mac-n-cheese inside was nice and gooey - and cheesy.

Old 06-24-2016, 05:20 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,825,346 times
I'd give it a try.

Old 06-24-2016, 06:04 PM

37,653 posts, read 46,077,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Okay, I know, it's fast food, and I'll be flogged for saying this, but my child and I went to Burger King to try the new Mac N’ Cheetos. They have a crispy, Cheetos-flavored coating surrounding a steamy, cheesy, gooey, mac-n-cheese interior. Now, in what universe is that not tasty? I understand there are those who cannot entertain the idea of ingesting such a carb-loaded creation, but if your constitution allows - try them.

I know I'll be met with derisive commentary, but those things are GOOD!!!!

"Release the Kraken!!!"
Really? You liked them? I tried them today... I ate two, thinking maybe the 2nd would be better. The rest went in the trash. BLECH!!!

Old 06-24-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Really? You liked them? I tried them today... I ate two, thinking maybe the 2nd would be better. The rest went in the trash. BLECH!!!
They do have to be right out of the fryer.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:34 PM

32,960 posts, read 36,433,125 times
The Kraken, indeed. At least that was squid. A big, tough, giant squid, but still seafood.

Was it a fun, trashy food adventure? Those are worth it for the experience.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:11 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,458,535 times
Fun trashy food adventures - haven't had one of those in a while. I think my daughter, who is a fiend for both mac n cheese and Cheetos, would definitely get a kick out of this. I'll get her some and see whether she gushes over them. I haven't had a fun trashy food adventure since the bacon wrapped deep dish Little Caesar's pizza a few months ago.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:40 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,635,440 times
QuikTrip, which I usually love, added an item to their "roller food" grill this summer. In addition to their steak and cheese taquitos, pepper jack taquitos, and chicken taquitos, they added a mac and cheese taquito. To me, taking a flour-y pasta and wrapping it in a flour tortilla seems a bit excessive. Like a bread sandwich.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
...Was it a fun, trashy food adventure? Those are worth it for the experience.
Ha!!! My child and I occasionally (well, maybe often) go on "food adventures." My wife just shakes her head at some of the things we've tried and things we've brought home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink