Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 10:59 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times

Advertisements

No, for the reason cited above: commecial free-range chickens, the only ones available to me right now, aren't really free-range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 03:04 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,287,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cape_fisherman View Post
Why can't people just answer a question about meat without the "agenda promoters" jumping in and completely ruining the topic?

Start your own thread, people!

Or go to the veg/vegan board...

When the subject heads off topic, which is legendary on the "Food and Drink" forum, you click the little button at the top right which notifies the moderator about a threadjacking. Baretta has done a very good job at cleaning up threads where people are intentionally going off topic (like Your favorite soda or your favorite place to get fried chicken).

Old 01-15-2014, 04:24 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,162,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
I sell free range eggs, and they are indeed free ranged. I lock them up at night for their own safety, then during the day they are left to free range on 10 acres. They are indeed destructive little beasts, and they are fenced away from my personal yard and garden, but they have 9 acres of fenced pasture to do their thing. I still feed them a local milled feed, but they prefer staying outside most of the day.

I do lose a few now and again to predators, but its worth it, as the eggs are definitely different. I sell all I can produce. People who have tried them never go back to store bought eggs.

I have a waiting list for them. If you can find true free range chicken eggs, you'll be surprised at the wonderful quality. I have to laugh at the "free range" eggs in the stores. The advertising is so deceptive.
Wish you were in my neighborhood, I'd buy from you!

When I was a kid growing up, and then for a few years as an adult, our free range chickens were exactly this - they roamed and pecked over several acres. In the evenings they got mash in the coop, and they knew the routine so they came in voluntarily at night. We also had ducks and geese, same deal, they even had their own stream-fed pond.

Free range chicken eggs are so colorful! Depending on the types of chickens you have they will be brown, tan, white, green, speckled. And frying a goose egg is pretty fun LOL. It will fill a medium frying pan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink