Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 08:35 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,520,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu21 View Post
Me too! Anyway, she took me to the Jawaiian Irie Jerk Restaurant and said the food was just as authentic as the food cooked by her Jamaican friend back in her home state of Arizona.

We shared spicy jerk chicken wings for an appetizer, I had jerk pork for my entree with festival bread and everything was delicious! BTW, I tried to rep you, but I have to spread it around... LOL

I want to try their goat dishes, I here they're great. I guess I'll try their goat along with what you folks had.

Oh, did they move to a new location?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Before he hit the big time, Guy Fieri taught my oldest how to make pizza on a slow day at the Johnny Garlic's in Petaluma, California. He used to haul a trailer up to the Santa Rosa Farmer's Market, and one of his offerings was salmon on a plank, which was pretty extravagant for street fair food. My husband got it often, along with an order of garlic fries. They were to die for but definitely came back to haunt you! Fieri also had a place called Tex Wasabi's on Fourth Street, which was different...kind of like Guy. I don't know if it's still around. (Edit: looks like it is.) I recall Fieri being extremely kind, if more than a little bit hyper. My kids loved him.
Cool! I keep hearing he's a real nice guy (pun not intended) and he's generous and helps people.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:12 PM

351 posts, read 587,511 times
Default I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I want to try their goat dishes, I here they're great. I guess I'll try their goat along with what you folks had.

Oh, did they move to a new location?
I don't think so as my birthday is in the last week of October and that's when we ate there. Plus I'm frequently in the Kaimuki area a lot because I patronize on a regular basis, The Movie Museum, Sconees Bakery and Otto's Cheesecake which are all near that restaurant.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu21 View Post
I don't think so as my birthday is in the last week of October and that's when we ate there. Plus I'm frequently in the Kaimuki area a lot because I patronize on a regular basis, The Movie Museum, Sconees Bakery and Otto's Cheesecake which are all near that restaurant.
I thought they were on Kapiolani Blvd., maybe that was a long time ago. Nice to know they're close to my house.

Old 05-04-2014, 10:25 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Just about every known bbq joint in Kansas City has been on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives, and/or No Reservations. I've been to most of them, mostly before they were featured.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:45 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
I had some drinks at Bar La Playa which is featured on Anthony Bourdain's show.

I think I ate somewhere in Mumbai that was on his show also, but I honestly can't remember.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:07 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,891,737 times
We ate at one place from triple D in Clearwater, Florida, but I can't remember the name of it! I wasn't that impressed. It must have been one of the "Dives"! I've been to one of the Bar Rescue places in Chicago, I can't remember the name of that either! Something to do with a frog... While they certainly upped the customer service, had someone at the door greeting people, the bartender was really nice and chatty (especially for Chicago), etc. but the bathrooms were disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink