Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 10:11 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,389,212 times

Advertisements

I grew up in diner country. Whole menu, all day.

Personally, though, a fast food burger for breakfast sounds gross. I'd rather have steak and eggs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 11:31 AM

1,566 posts, read 2,161,938 times
yep, I don't think it's crazy or weird at all. I love eggs and sausage but I'd also eat other kinds of food in the morning too. I'd have a burger but wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun. Or give me a hamburger patty w/ cheese and a fried egg. I'd throw some hot sauce on there and eat with a knife and fork.

I think Burger King is smart to offer whoppers in the morning for their customers who would like them at that time. they should make a breakfast burger and throw in hashbrowns and egg in it.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:35 AM

912 posts, read 1,526,602 times
I've always loved lunch/dinner food for breakfast -- if it's good enough for me to eat at 6pm, it's good enough for me to eat at 6am, too. I'm not a sweet-food person, and I find a slice of pizza (or leftover chicken curry) to be far more substantial and satisfying than a sweet roll.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:38 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,054,672 times
If you are going to eat worthless white carbs, such as what is in the burger bun, better to do it in the am.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:42 PM

99,677 posts, read 4,497,941 times
I occasionally enjoy a cheeseburger and fries for breakfast when I go to my local diner. Some days it just hits the spot.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:47 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,416,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
BK says that Whoppers will be served in the morning. - May. 8, 2014

Who else didn't see this coming? Soon to come, pizza and fried chicken for breakfast.

Shoot, why not have a beer with it? it's (5:00pm) 1700 hours some where's in the world, lol.

Thanks.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:42 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,261,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I'd rather have a burger for breakfast than cereal. One with a nice fried egg on it. I work in a high school cafeteria and on midmorning break I often fixed myself a cheeseburger... that is when they were 100 percent beef. This year they started ordering these nasty patties that have soy in them. Yuck.

There's no rule saying breakfast has to be cereal. Personally, eating cereal or a stack of pancakes for breakfast would have me in a hypoglycemic slump within a couple of hours. Most breakfast offerings are starch, starch, starch.
they are putting soy in the burgers now?? the food nazi's are taking over!!!

burgers were the most popular lunch in elementery school and in high school...

in high school, for 3 months we had "buffet style" pick your own lunches,,
this reduced throw outs by 70% and saved on lunch costs

but then the food nazis-even back then were saying no one is eating veggies, so the veggies were mandatory on the food tray,,,and again,,,so much got thrown out....

i just hope that burger king dont start with morning "king" commercials,,,,those were creepy!

Old 05-09-2014, 04:15 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,846,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
they are putting soy in the burgers now?? the food nazi's are taking over!!!

burgers were the most popular lunch in elementery school and in high school...

in high school, for 3 months we had "buffet style" pick your own lunches,,
this reduced throw outs by 70% and saved on lunch costs

but then the food nazis-even back then were saying no one is eating veggies, so the veggies were mandatory on the food tray,,,and again,,,so much got thrown out....

i just hope that burger king dont start with morning "king" commercials,,,,those were creepy!
I read something yesterday that made me laugh. The lady responsible for the school lunches said, that thanks to the new regulations, she has the healthiest trash cans in the USA.

I eat anything for breakfast and I can't remember the last time I've ever had breakfast cereal, except for Chex Mix. I'm going to be honest and say a Whopper breakfast would be my favorite thing.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:23 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,112,135 times
Most of the time when I was in the AF my duty hours were midnight to 7 AM seems like all I could find was Breakfast when what I really wanted was supper.

Some people are just getting off work when the burger joints open and they would appreciate a burger instead of an egg McMuffin

Old 05-09-2014, 06:42 PM

4,191 posts, read 3,410,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatswanlady View Post
I've always loved lunch/dinner food for breakfast -- if it's good enough for me to eat at 6pm, it's good enough for me to eat at 6am, too. I'm not a sweet-food person, and I find a slice of pizza (or leftover chicken curry) to be far more substantial and satisfying than a sweet roll.

And vice versa. I love breakfast for dinner!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink