Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 12:10 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,818,693 times

Advertisements

wouldn't that be "chowdah" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
Count me among the KFC-cravers! None around here, thank goodness!

Also love the McRib sandwich at McD's, and we do have some fairly near here.

But the best...the drooling-est...is clam chowder and clam cakes at Monahan's in Narragansett RI, near our former home! I was only back in RI briefly this summer, and did not get a chance to go back for some chowder and clam cakes. Now I really miss them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 03:18 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,411,086 times
since i dont partake in fast food often enough i dont deprive myself if i have a craving

mcD - 20 pc w/ sweet sour sauce, and fries if im broke maybe a couple of mcchickens
breakfast: 2-3 sausage burritos maybe a sausage egg mcmuffin

jack in the crack - bacon ultimate cheeseburger, 2-4 greasy 2/$1 tacos, fries, large shake (vanilla, oreo, or eggnog)

popeyes - usually whatever dark meat special, at least a half dozen buttermilk biscuits, mp&g, batter dipped fries

ljs - fried clams platter, extra 12 grease sponge hushpuppies, sometimes combo platter

churchs - like popeyes, dark meat special at least a half dozen honey butter biscuits, maybe some sides mp&g, dirty rice

hole in the wall chinese spot - load up on chkn fried rice, and at least 2 orders of fried chicken wings

chicfila - breakfast: 2 CEC biscuits or 1 CEC + 1 SEC biscuits...good eating

bk: only would eat whopper meal and that strawberry milk that they call a shake...that ish is good though and i found out its not dairy

havent had kfc in many years, hopefully they no longer have those hockey puck biscuits

Old 10-29-2014, 03:35 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
I try to avoid fast food these days, and usually regret it afterwards when I do give in (or have no choice) - but I do crave the Teriyaki Chicken sandwich & cross-cut fries from Carls Jr sometimes! I also occasionally crave a Burger King classic chicken sandwich, even better if they're doing the promotional Italian chicken one. Why isn't that a permanent menu item, for goodness sakes?? Probably a good thing it isn't, or I'd be eating them more often than I should.

Oh, and KFC? The smell of their chicken makes me DROOL, but usually it smells better than it tastes... and definitely smells better than it feels in my stomach later. Erg.

Old 10-29-2014, 03:46 PM

14,316 posts, read 11,708,830 times
I pretty much stopped eating fast food, but for a long time I was craving a burger and fries from In'n'Out. Then I finally went out with some friends and got one, and ate it all myself since my kids and husband weren't there stealing the fries. Tasted great, but I had a horrible stomachache for the rest of the day. That reminded me of why I stopped eating it in the first place.

Old 10-29-2014, 03:54 PM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times
My 12-pack of crunchy beef tacos with 6 sides of cheddar cheese at Taco Bell!
With that I need 24 packets of mild and hot sauce.
$10 for 12 tacos.

Nice thread, Miss Hepburn.

Old 10-29-2014, 05:03 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,641,477 times
I'd love to have some nice hot sliders from White Castle. I'm in California now and only see the ones in the frozen food section. They do not begin to compare with the real thing and are a waste of time. If I get a chance to visit relatives in Chicago during the holidays, I'm stopping by a White Castle as soon as I get off the plane! Then, I'm going to Lem's for rib tips.

Old 10-29-2014, 05:39 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,898,284 times
Ohhhh...the French toast sticks from Jack in the Box. I used to get two orders because I'd go home and share them with the raccoons. You never saw such happy raccoons. They love French toast sticks and powdered sugar.

Old 10-29-2014, 05:41 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by See Fire View Post
Condensed milk. I can eat up the whole can at a time. Too many calories, though. That's why the dream about it once in a year is everything I can do about it.
SWEETENED?? Oh yum. Did you see the recipe if you boil an unopened can of it for about 2-1/2 hrs it turns into toffee?

So chili cheese fries.... every now and then.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:13 PM

14,316 posts, read 11,708,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
SWEETENED?? Oh yum. Did you see the recipe if you boil an unopened can of it for about 2-1/2 hrs it turns into toffee?
Yep, it turns into toffee right before it explodes.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:58 PM

12,043 posts, read 8,425,882 times
I have to admit a fondness for Big Macs. Back in 1967 they were bigger and better but they still have a sort of comfort food feel to me. Not sure that I have one a year but once in a blue moon I'll be driving by and on a whim pick one up for old time's sake. Actually makes me feel guilty.

A real Coke is another rare treat. Well, as "real" as they are now. They don't taste the same. I'm cautious of them. At one point in my life I was so hooked on Coke that I had an open one at hand nearly all day long. And it wasn't an easy habit to break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink