Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 04:54 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,421,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I would put two saltines in my mouth then take a sip of milk and dissolve the saltines in the milk. Hey - it tasted good.
We used to make cereal out of saltines when I was a kid. Saltines, milk and a bunch of sugar. Maybe it was a regional thing. We called it Cracker Pop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 04:58 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,421,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
mmmmmmm ate that as a teen, try it with butter and worcestershire sauce with the cottage cheese, it's divine!!!!!!!!!!!
We ate noodles with butter and cottage cheese. It was called pot cheese and noodles.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:48 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
We ate noodles with butter and cottage cheese. It was called pot cheese and noodles.
My mother used to make that with macaroni. I thought it was great then, but I couldn't even think of eating it now.

My mother also made beef tongue when I was a kid. It was great but people outside the family thought it was gross. I offered some to a friend once and he said he would never taste something that could taste him back.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:59 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
The Pope's nose on a turkey... totally fatty, but totally yummy!

Chicken and turkey hearts. I love the chewy texture and taste.

Escargot with lots of butter, garlic and melted mozzarella. MMMMmm!

The smell of my dog's feet when they're sleeping. (I know, I'm weird lol)

Old 11-06-2014, 07:32 AM

4 posts, read 3,492 times
#1 - A couple of teaspoons of Grape Jelly mixed into Grits.
#2 - A "Double-Decker" Peanut Butter, Jelly and Mayo Sandwich. Use 3 slices of bread. Put Peanut Butter on one outer bread slice, Jelly (I prefer Grape or Apple) on the other outer bread slice and Mayo on both sides of the bread slice in the middle. Side items: Barbecue Potato Chips which have Paprika listed as a seasoning ingredient; Dill pickles. Eating instructions: Take one bite of each item (sandwich, chip and pickle), then wash it down with a swig of the Pepsi. Except for my best friend in high school, I have not encountered anyone who hasn't turned up their nose at this snack whenever I suggest it. My usual response to them is, "Don't knock it until you try it." This snack satisfies every tastebud in your mouth when you want something but have trouble deciding. The combination provides salty, sweet, sour, soft, crispy and fizzy.
Thanks for sharing your favorites. I will have to try them. I will make a list so I won't forget.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:25 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,220,909 times
A large pickle with a peppermint stick down the center. Good stuff!

Old 11-06-2014, 10:42 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post

The smell of my dog's feet when they're sleeping. (I know, I'm weird lol)
Most people who have (or had) a dog know about the smell of a dog's feet: FRITOS! They smell like Fritos!

PS. If you're weird, then I must be weirder. I never waited for my dog to fall asleep -- I'd smell his feet all the time!
PPS. The smell comes from dirt. But let's pretend that we don't know that, okay?

Old 11-06-2014, 11:03 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,824,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturen View Post
I get a fair number of yucks and frowns from Escargot and Anchovies on pizza. They just don't know what they are missing.
I made some escargot to the horror of my kids. They watched closely as I sauteed them in a garlicky wine butter sauce. I sliced the bread and set it all on the table. I went to get my husband and came back to see them both scarfing them down. My husband and I barely got one each before it was gone. LOL So hey, sometimes you can convert others! I love both anchovies and escargot.

Come to think of it...I am going to add a couple of filets of anchovies to the butter garlic sauce next time I make escargot...

Old 11-06-2014, 11:08 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
I love squid and all of the people we used to have dinner with would say OMG how can you eat that stuff ? well I always put ranch salad dressing on em LOL ...yeah I know weird.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:12 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
I haven't done it for a spell, but crunchy peanut butter on a slice of cheddar cheese. Another mix I got from my Dad. Its actually pretty tasty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink