Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 10:45 AM

314 posts, read 817,417 times

Advertisements

So I was recently in Charleston with my family. We were all very hungry and we decided to stop and eat at the nearest restaurant. Unfortunately it was Sweetwater Cafe. From the outside it looked ok but once we were sat down by the waitress who had no teeth (no offense) I was soon turned down by the place. The menus that they give you are filthy, flimsy little things...the floor was absolutely filthy and so was the ceiling and part of the wall which was filled with mold!!!!!
At first I thought that they were renovating because of the booths that they had. Every single one of them were ripped - how the hell do you expect someone to be comfortable and sit on a ripped booth..I mean these things were close to being thrown away. Any other restaurant would've done away with them!! So anyways..these are all the things that I noticed while I was waiting for my food which took the longest time, mind you - this is not a fancy restaurant with gourmet meals and we were the only people in there!
I decided I wanted to eat kind of healthy that day so I had ordered a salad. Biggest mistake. My choice was the "Lickin chicken salad" and it was far from the description. What was given to me was a small bed of unfresh lettuce with these fried stale pieces of ..well fried pieces!! There was hardly any chicken in the salad at all and the cheese they give you looks like those shredded cheeses that come prepackaged from the grocery store.
I know that the place might not specialize in salads but if you are going to list salads on the menu, at least make it a B, not an F!!!
Anyways the Sweetwater Cafe in Charleston deserves a big fat F for failure...don't go there!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 01:20 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,520,038 times
I do believe you are speaking of a restaurant on James Island not in Charleston.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:27 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,651,049 times
I've only eaten at the sweetwater grill in Summerville, my bro in law who is an amateur chef in his own kitchen, agreed and loved the place.

Looked clean and alright to us, of course we went at night with dim lighting.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
I do believe you are speaking of a restaurant on James Island not in Charleston.

No, the restaurant that I want you to stay away from, far away from is Sweetwater Cafe in downtown Charleston. It is bad!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
I've only eaten at the sweetwater grill in Summerville, my bro in law who is an amateur chef in his own kitchen, agreed and loved the place.

Looked clean and alright to us, of course we went at night with dim lighting.
Not sure about the one in Summerville but in Charleston..omg stay away!!!

Old 12-24-2011, 03:39 PM

Where in downtown Charleston?

Old 12-24-2011, 04:37 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,427,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Where in downtown Charleston?
Market St. I've been there..not exactly terrible, but not great, WAY better choices in the downtown area.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
Market St. I've been there..not exactly terrible, but not great, WAY better choices in the downtown area.

You probably had a sandwich which my sister had and she said it was great. But ugh, I was so turned off by the appearance of the place that it makes me cringe to think of the food preparation area.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:12 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,182,465 times
The no teeth remark is a bit hurtful. I'd be mortified if I read that about myself on a public forum. I'm sure she is already self-conscious about it.

The one in Summerville is decent. I've been once and I liked how it was casual and affordable. I'd go back. I haven't been to any other one.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybflady13 View Post
No, the restaurant that I want you to stay away from, far away from is Sweetwater Cafe in downtown Charleston. It is bad!!!!!!!

Not sure about the one in Summerville but in Charleston..omg stay away!!!

I find it hard to think that a restaurant down on Market is as bad (cleanliness) as portrayed. My least favorite place there is Noisy Oyster, our experience was bad but not this bad. I checked their website and again this review is shocking.

I agree that the comment about the teeth is hurtful.

Did you complain or ask for a manager?

Old 12-25-2011, 01:42 PM

1,075 posts, read 2,113,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybflady13 View Post
So I was recently in Charleston with my family. We were all very hungry and we decided to stop and eat at the nearest restaurant. Unfortunately it was Sweetwater Cafe. From the outside it looked ok but once we were sat down by the waitress who had no teeth (no offense) I was soon turned down by the place. The menus that they give you are filthy, flimsy little things...the floor was absolutely filthy and so was the ceiling and part of the wall which was filled with mold!!!!!
At first I thought that they were renovating because of the booths that they had. Every single one of them were ripped - how the hell do you expect someone to be comfortable and sit on a ripped booth..I mean these things were close to being thrown away. Any other restaurant would've done away with them!! So anyways..these are all the things that I noticed while I was waiting for my food which took the longest time, mind you - this is not a fancy restaurant with gourmet meals and we were the only people in there!
I decided I wanted to eat kind of healthy that day so I had ordered a salad. Biggest mistake. My choice was the "Lickin chicken salad" and it was far from the description. What was given to me was a small bed of unfresh lettuce with these fried stale pieces of ..well fried pieces!! There was hardly any chicken in the salad at all and the cheese they give you looks like those shredded cheeses that come prepackaged from the grocery store.
I know that the place might not specialize in salads but if you are going to list salads on the menu, at least make it a B, not an F!!!
Anyways the Sweetwater Cafe in Charleston deserves a big fat F for failure...don't go there!!!!
If it was that bad when you walked in you should have turned around and walked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area