Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 02:14 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,976,991 times

Advertisements

I realize we beat this subject to death in 2013 ... but yesterday I had my turkey and dressing and my delicious Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry sauce all to myself. None of my family members eat this heavenly concoction but I love it!! It just ain't Thanksgiving without my jellied cranberry sauce.

How many people had jellied cranberry sauce with their Thanksgiving dinner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2014, 02:23 PM

122 posts, read 96,555 times
I didn't beat the subject to death in 2013 but I did have cranberry sauce! And this year too with everything else (tons of stuff). Cranberry sauce and salad makes everything else taste even more epic - especially turkey stuffing and baked ham.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:24 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,619,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I realize we beat this subject to death in 2013 ... but yesterday I had my turkey and dressing and my delicious Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry sauce all to myself. None of my family members eat this heavenly concoction but I love it!! It just ain't Thanksgiving without my jellied cranberry sauce.

I did.

Without Ocean Spray jellied cranberry sauce it just wouldn't be Thanksgiving.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:25 PM

560 posts, read 850,149 times
Sorry, but I'm a whole cranberry person. Although this year we went a different direction, so didn't have cranberries at all. Going to mom and dads for Christmas however, and I know I'll get my whole cranberry sauce then!

Old 11-28-2014, 02:25 PM

5,870 posts, read 11,942,410 times
Are you talking about the stuff in a can? Ever since I learned how to make cranberry sauce with fresh cranberries, I won't eat the canned version. I did buy Ocean Spray brand cranberries! I also used real sugar - I usually use a blend of sweeteners and sugar - and I also "forgot" them on the stove while I got distracted on City Data. Well, let me tell you, it turned into a nice jellied concoction due to my inattention! This year it turned out way better than my other attempts. 1 bag cranberries, 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar.

I made it ahead and froze it. When I took it out on Wednesday, I thought it needed a little more sweetness so I added a bit of orange juice and sprinkled about a tablespoon of sugar on it and then set it back in the fridge.

I usually end up throwing cranberry sauce away after all the turkey has been eaten, but I sent half home with oldest son because my 2 year old grandson loved the stuff! I'm sure the rest will get eaten since we have quite a bit of leftover turkey.

If you like the stuff in a can, you should try making your own, it's delish!

Old 11-28-2014, 02:35 PM

12,056 posts, read 8,449,416 times
This might be the first year ever that we didn't have it. Daughter was in charge of picking up the extras and she forgot. At least that's what she says. Don't think she's a fan. Someone ran down to the store and bought a small container of fresh out of the deli section.

The jellied makes such great sandwiches I know I'll miss it for that.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:38 PM

12,064 posts, read 10,291,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post

I did, but made my own. I love it. Its so easy to make and I like to see the finished product.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:39 PM

41,991 posts, read 75,287,946 times
Homemade whole cranberry sauce for me, too.

And I bought so many cranberries that I was able to can 6 pints of the stuff. Yummy.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:41 PM

12,064 posts, read 10,291,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
Are you talking about the stuff in a can? Ever since I learned how to make cranberry sauce with fresh cranberries, I won't eat the canned version. I did buy Ocean Spray brand cranberries! I also used real sugar - I usually use a blend of sweeteners and sugar - and I also "forgot" them on the stove while I got distracted on City Data. Well, let me tell you, it turned into a nice jellied concoction due to my inattention! This year it turned out way better than my other attempts. 1 bag cranberries, 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar.

I made it ahead and froze it. When I took it out on Wednesday, I thought it needed a little more sweetness so I added a bit of orange juice and sprinkled about a tablespoon of sugar on it and then set it back in the fridge.

I usually end up throwing cranberry sauce away after all the turkey has been eaten, but I sent half home with oldest son because my 2 year old grandson loved the stuff! I'm sure the rest will get eaten since we have quite a bit of leftover turkey.

If you like the stuff in a can, you should try making your own, it's delish!
You can substitute fresh squeezed orange juice for some of the liquid when you make it on the stove.

I used the juice from my first Meyer's lemon.

Old 11-28-2014, 03:06 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,976,991 times
Our daughter-in-law always makes a dish with fresh cranberries, oranges and pecans. But I have to have the Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry Sauce out of the can. You open the can and it's stuck you have to punch a hold in the bottom to release and then it just slides right out of there. That just makes my Thanksgiving meal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink