Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 12:10 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,344,730 times

Advertisements

Several years ago I found a recipe for Chicken using cranberry sauce and orange juice. I thought it was in a Weight Watchers cookbook but I can't find it now. I made it in a dutch oven and it was excellent. Has anyone made anything like this. I also thought it was possibly in one of the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks, but I can't find it in any of them either. If anyone knows what I am talking about, can you please post. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 05:17 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Oooo..that sounds good. I hope someone remembers it for you. I'd like to try it too.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:44 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
Since I have the memory of a gnat (LOL, if they have a memory) - I have filed a recipe for cranberry sauce and french dressing that I believe is or can be a crockpot recipe, think that might be it?

If you are interested, please send me a DM so I can remember and I'll dig it out tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
Several years ago I found a recipe for Chicken using cranberry sauce and orange juice. I thought it was in a Weight Watchers cookbook but I can't find it now. I made it in a dutch oven and it was excellent. Has anyone made anything like this. I also thought it was possibly in one of the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks, but I can't find it in any of them either. If anyone knows what I am talking about, can you please post. Thanks.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:48 PM

814 posts, read 2,306,801 times
I only know of a chicken breast recipe where it's marinated in orange juice and stuffed with walnut dressing with orange/cranberry dressing poured on top.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:59 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,134,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
Cooks.com - Recipe - Chicken Or Pork (Cranberry Sauce)

Old 04-11-2009, 08:11 AM

They all sound good but not the one I'm looking for. I also obviously have the memory of a gnat and when I find it, I will write it down. Thanks for the responses.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:03 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
Here's the one I mentioned - it's good even if not the one you were looking for. Directions call for baking it but obviously you can do it in a crockpot also.

1 bottle French dressing (I use the low-fat)
1 can cranberry sauce
1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
4 chicken breasts (or 6-8 half breasts)

Obviously you can you any pieces you like.

Mix all ingredients, pour into pan over chicken breasts and cook at 350 for an hour. My friend likes the gravy from the dish over mashed potatoes.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:21 PM

Thanks Flamingo. I will try it.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:32 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,741,931 times
SXMGirl

This is from my weight watchers cookbook..not sure if it is what you are looking for but I have made it and it is great I bet you can change it up to your liking.

Turkey Cutlets with Cranberry Sauce

4 (3 oz) turkey cutlets
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 tsp.canola oil
1 onion finely chopped
1 cup low cal or regular cranberry juice
1 T brown sugar
1 T red wine vinegar
1 tsp green peppercorns (expensive)
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 T cornstarch dissolved in 2 T water

Salt and pepper the cutlets. In lg non-stick skillet heat oil. Saute turkey and onion turning the turkey once until cooked through 5-7 minutes on each side. Set turkey aside

In the same skillet combine the cranberry juice brown sugar vinegar peppercorns and thyme......bring to a boil. Stir in the cranberries reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in the dissolved cornstarch bring to a boil. Cook stirring constantly until thickened about one minute........Spoon over turkey.

each one 189 calories 3 g fat point value 4

Old 04-11-2009, 05:08 PM

It isn't the same one that I am looking for, but it is also one to try soon. Thanks Crazyworld.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes