Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 11:22 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I don't know what causes that (acidic stuff?), but from time to time I hear an explosion in my pantry and huge mess to clean. And most canned goods there is not older than a year or two...
You may have gotten a damaged can or two. Pantries should be cool and ours is not. I need to ventilate ours to keep it cooler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 11:27 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Why is this garbage ONLY IN COKE AND PEPSI????

Phosphoric acid robs the calcium from your bones and CAN cause achiness which It does with me!!

Why Is Phosphoric Acid Bad for You? | LIVESTRONG.COM

I havent had ANY COKE/PEPSI in about a month again now and thankfully im just about pain free in my legs,etc........

THIS CRAP SHOULDNT BE IN ANYTHING,ITS NOT SAFE...... No other sodas have this garbage!!

I looked @ Root beer,Orange Soda,Ginger ale and NONE OF THEM HAVE THIS..... Why does coke and pepsi??

Im drinking Orange Soda now for the most part,it only has CITRIC ACID.. (I have an auto immune disease (psoriasis) which is making it hard for my muscles to begin with)

I SWEAR THEY PUT THIS CRAP IN OUR FOOD HOPEFULL WE WILL HAVE ISSUES!!

So you chose to eat well-known crap and then complain there is crap in it?

Yea, get outraged....

Old 12-08-2014, 12:49 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
So you chose to eat well-known crap and then complain there is crap in it?

Yea, get outraged....
Yeah, it's kind of like me complaining about the unhealthy aspects of red meat.
With a cigarette hanging out of my mouth.

Old 12-08-2014, 03:31 PM

6,589 posts, read 4,977,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
What does that mean?!?!
The article I read last month had the info about the flame retardant being in orange sodas and other citrus-type drinks.

When I googled last night, I found one from this year that specifically said some of the orange sodas I remember seeing on the original list, were being reformulated to omit the chemicals. (I'm sure something else will go in there to make up for it!)

So I'm guessing the article that I read was a little older than that. I'll have to see if I bookmarked it. It wasn't just about soda, I think it had 10 foods that had surprising chemicals in them. Obviously all of the foods in the list were processed, so…..

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
^^^ Wait for that. All they do is ADDING more crap to it.
Bingo

Old 12-08-2014, 03:50 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
The article I read last month had the info about the flame retardant being in orange sodas and other citrus-type drinks.

When I googled last night, I found one from this year that specifically said some of the orange sodas I remember seeing on the original list, were being reformulated to omit the chemicals. (I'm sure something else will go in there to make up for it!)

So I'm guessing the article that I read was a little older than that. I'll have to see if I bookmarked it. It wasn't just about soda, I think it had 10 foods that had surprising chemicals in them. Obviously all of the foods in the list were processed, so…..

Bingo
Flame retardant is in EVERYTHING, from upholstery to furniture to clothes to carpets to cars.
We all have significant amounts of flame retardant coursing through our bloodstreams.
The only upside is that hell will feel quite pleasant, and we can have picnics.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...93f_story.html

Old 12-08-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Flame retardant is in EVERYTHING, from upholstery to furniture to clothes to carpets to cars.
We all have significant amounts of flame retardant coursing through our bloodstreams.
The only upside is that hell will feel quite pleasant, and we can have picnics.

Flame retardants in consumer products are linked to health and cognitive problems - The Washington Post
That's good to know, because I've green told more than once that's where I'm going.,

Old 12-09-2014, 03:28 PM

Here's that article I read. It looks like it's from 2013:

10 American Foods that are Banned in Other Countries

Old 12-09-2014, 10:14 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Merci Beaucoup!!!

Im sure there are ALOT MORE THAN 1O!!

I dont eat Chicken and Rice because of the ARSENIC in it......... WHAT THE????

PURPOSELY TRYING TO POISION US!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink