Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 01:57 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times

Advertisements

I really don't think I could live with somebody who makes an active effort to control my food or drink intake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 02:00 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,764,351 times
I would ask him for credible references to support his stance. In the meantime, I would find credible references to the contrary.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:02 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,932,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
No, I only have a Red Bull with breakfast, and no more caffeine after that. Even if I have to wrestle the can of Red Bull right out his hands, I drink it. I don't want to sneak around with it, because I prefer complete honesty, but I want him to chill out and not worry so much.
Oh--well ok then.... but it's just that your original post mentioned the canned drink, then coffee, coffee on Sundays, etc. But hey---there is such a thing as too much caffeine. But the real issue is what I and many others have already mentioned--the control issue with your hubby. What are you going to do about that?

Old 12-07-2014, 02:06 PM

698 posts, read 798,174 times
With each post, I am looking at where people are located.

The OP's location really surprised me. I assumed she was from the South

And the replies here....people you are not answering the OP in the stereotypical way per your location

Old 12-07-2014, 02:13 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal1 View Post
With each post, I am looking at where people are located.

The OP's location really surprised me. I assumed she was from the South

And the replies here....people you are not answering the OP in the stereotypical way per your location
ha. He's a New Yorker, but he would fit in perfectly in the South/Midwest.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:14 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
would you say the same if hubby is asking her to eliminate meat from her diet???
He's not "asking" ... he's demanding. Big difference.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:21 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Yeah. I'm drinking my Red Bull as I write this. I told him that attempting to dictate my diet is controlling behavior, as agreed by most people in this decade. Even his friends have told him to ease up a bit.

His response is that no one truly cares about me like he does.

He wasn't like this at all before we married.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:32 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times
Huge red flag. "He wasn't like this at all before we married."

It's not your H's place to police you and decide what is or isn't 'allowed'. And you need to stand up on your own 2 feet and refuse to be a doormat.

Controlling behavior usually escalates over time. Stop it now! Today it's your caffeine intake. What will it be tomorrow?

And forget the caffeine. That's not really the issue.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:32 PM

1,914 posts, read 2,243,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Yeah. I'm drinking my Red Bull as I write this. I told him that attempting to dictate my diet is controlling behavior, as agreed by most people in this decade. Even his friends have told him to ease up a bit.

His response is that no one truly cares about me like he does.

He wasn't like this at all before we married.

Please do some research on controlling/abusive behavior. The bolded is often an early indicator.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:50 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,769,366 times
Oooh HUGE HUGE red flags here.

He "cares about you so much" that he won't "allow" caffeine. Next he may not "allow" a certain food. Pretty soon, he won't "allow" you to see certain friends because he feels they are bad influences on you. Then he won't "allow" you to go on City Data because we are bad influences on you. Soon your family are "bad". Then it's just you and your hubby.

This screams as the beginning of an isolating, abusive relationship.

Nip this in the bud RIGHT NOW. Tell him you are a grown adult and you get to decide what you drink, whether it's coffee, a caffeinated canned beverage, or whatever. If he does not want to drink it himself, fine! You are not forcing him to drink it, and therefore, neither should he force you to eliminate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink