Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 12:29 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
By the time I get fluffed up, drive 30-60 minutes one way, pay 100+ per person for appetizer/chain restaurant steak and a glass or two of house wine and have to listen to people argue, have untended children under foot and a waiter trying to get the next seating in - where is the enjoyment?

For a mediocre dinner out for two I can cook up a storm for four to six, no noise, no rush, some can walk home, others will spend the night. There is no bad table at our house only some chairs closer to the wine cooler))
Where the heck do you live that a chain restaurant costs 100 a person....even with wine? Your entire post is not reliable based only on that.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:46 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,372,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Where the heck do you live that a chain restaurant costs 100 a person....even with wine? Your entire post is not reliable based only on that.
Yeah, I generally dislike posts where people need to exaggerate their experiences to make appoint or because it seems clever or ??? (not sure why they do it actually)... "have untended children under foot and a waiter trying to get the next seating in" --- are also obviously exaggerations. But the first part of that is related to the main reason I posted for not eating out... because one peep or squirm out of my children and full grown adults (apparently with no focus, patience or attention span of their own... but at a much older age) turn around and glare. Who knows or cares if they go exaggerate about it online afterwards, but I don't need their glares, they don't need my kids' interruptions and it saves me a bunch of money and headache anyways... so win, win, win, I guess.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:11 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,822,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
Yeah, I generally dislike posts where people need to exaggerate their experiences to make appoint or because it seems clever or ??? (not sure why they do it actually)... "have untended children under foot and a waiter trying to get the next seating in" --- are also obviously exaggerations. But the first part of that is related to the main reason I posted for not eating out... because one peep or squirm out of my children and full grown adults (apparently with no focus, patience or attention span of their own... but at a much older age) turn around and glare. Who knows or cares if they go exaggerate about it online afterwards, but I don't need their glares, they don't need my kids' interruptions and it saves me a bunch of money and headache anyways... so win, win, win, I guess.

Originally Posted by ScarletG
Actually very simple to spend that much at these chains:

McCormick & Schmick's Menu | McCormick & Schmick's

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Restaurant Menu

I wouldn't as I didn't care for either place. (distant visiting relative drags us to these place every visit. Sigh)

Old 01-26-2015, 01:35 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,372,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Actually very simple to spend that much at these chains:

McCormick & Schmick's Menu | McCormick & Schmick's

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Restaurant Menu

I wouldn't as I didn't care for either place. (distant visiting relative drags us to these place every visit. Sigh)
Yeah, it was the other exaggerations that I noticed, and then scarlet pointed out the price thing, which I would not have noticed if I wasn't already thinking about exaggerations. But I agree, even at lower end chains, it's not that hard to rack up a $100 bill, especially if you're not dining along (which goes back to my other reason for not dinging out anymore with kids)

Old 01-26-2015, 03:15 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
Slow.
Stop and smell the roses. Or the garlic.

The only time I'm in a hurry at a restaurant is at lunch on a weekday, or if I'm having dinner before a movie, etc.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:36 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
Yeah, it was the other exaggerations that I noticed, and then scarlet pointed out the price thing, which I would not have noticed if I wasn't already thinking about exaggerations. But I agree, even at lower end chains, it's not that hard to rack up a $100 bill, especially if you're not dining along (which goes back to my other reason for not dinging out anymore with kids)
I think it's quite hard to spend 100 a person...which the that person stated...even at a Ruth Chris type chain.

Sure...a couple or group could....but it takes more tgan app, entree and house wine for one person.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:43 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
I think it's quite hard to spend 100 a person...
Just ask for the caviar sampler and a bottle of 2008 Didier Dagueneau Silex (and that's not even the expensive stuff).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink