Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 05:17 PM

393 posts, read 306,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Restaurants can not function as you would wish to keep you 'sensitivities' from exploding all over the place.
They should out of common decency.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with anyone being 'mean' (they haven't been) or unfeeling. It's reality.
It is mean and it is unfeeling. They can let you know things if they wanted to. No one said they couldn't. *THAT* is reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 07:15 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,771 times
Post word for word what you put in the OP on yelp with a 1 star review and then move on.

The way to avoid this in the future is to not pay your bill until you are ready to leave immediately. That's what I do and it's amazing how stuff like this doesn't happen when you haven't committed to a tip amount yet.

Old 02-23-2015, 05:57 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,031,370 times
This is a joke right? I'm thinking dude is having a serious mental breakdown.I've worked food service for years and those expectations are way beyond reasonable. My DH has bipolar and sometimes he reacts to little things in the same manner. Things everyone else calms down about,rationalizes,then moves on. He will recreate the scenario in his own temporarily warped view in order to justify his misplaced anger. He will make the sand castle into a fortress to be able to rant about it. In his mind any slight justifies an all out war. It's really hard to live with someone like this even when you love them.

I'm going to kick myself for this but did you think to ask what other steaks were available? Most places that carry ribeye will also have several other cuts. A good server would have suggested the cowboy but apparently didn't.by reading it seemed you went straight to pasta without any further inquiry. Was that ribeye on special? It's possible the bigger one wasn't mentioned because of the price compared to what the special was for. See,now even I'm overthinking it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink