Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 12:21 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,649,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
That's not true, since when has Mexican cooking calls for Chicken breast meat. Because chicken breast
meat dries up on the grill and they would have a hard time selling dry meat.
Wrong. Ever heard of Pollo a La Parrilla? It means grilled whole chicken and is hugely popular in Mexico.

Oh, and I wouldn't feed my dogs Chipotle. That's about as far away from Mexican food as you can get.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 01:07 AM

358 posts, read 349,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
But I see you're in NYC, so you likely wouldn't have much experience with that.
?

Old 12-11-2015, 01:08 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,254,473 times
thighs are usually cheaper than breasts,,,bone in or boneless..

I prefer a juicy thigh over a dry breast anyday

when I make chicken sausage I will grind the thighs,,,,more fat for flavor,

stuffed chicken thighs,,,,are one of my favorites

you go back 40 years and most chicken consumed was skin on bone in chicken,,,,,since the 80's and the low fat craze, boneless breasts has been the number one chicken item sold in stores , I also think it has something to do,,,with "how" you eat, you have wings or drumsticks in front of you, most use their hands....even bone in thighs...but boneless breasts,,,look cleaner and eats cleaner and healthier that's what my women customers tell me

note- the chicken market is at an all time low,,(in recent decades), a good time to stock up boneless thighs and boneless breasts were recently on sale for 1.49lb

Old 12-11-2015, 01:11 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,892,174 times
Chicken wings are white meat - I prefer the thighs, legs, and feet. Oh yeah, and I just LOVE the oysters - that's why I always volunteer to carve the turkey.

Old 12-11-2015, 02:33 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,969,198 times
Yard Bird..breast are good if fried correctly. Dry is no good. I like thighs.. can someone pass the hot sauce and fries?

Old 12-11-2015, 05:03 AM

43,710 posts, read 44,473,033 times
Quote:
Chipotle's Mexican Grill is proof that Chicken thigh meat tastes better. They only use Chicken thigh meat as do BBQ places only use wings and thighs. The only thing chicken breast white meat is good for is making chicken patties.
Some people prefer the taste of chicken breast over chicken thighs!

Old 12-11-2015, 05:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times
Quote:
Chipotle's Mexican Grill is proof that Chicken thigh meat tastes better. They only use Chicken thigh meat as do BBQ places only use wings and thighs. The only thing chicken breast white meat is good for is making chicken patties.
We have started eating thighs almost exclusively or I cook the entire chicken. Yes, breasts are lower in calories, but that is for a good reason: they have no fat and without the fat there is less flavor. Also they are inclined to be dryer unless cooked perfectly. Some people are so afraid they will not get the breasts cooked enough they do overcook them; thighs never dry out. Our granddaughter is one that only eats breasts but my guess is: she has never even tried a thigh. That being said, for us, every part of the chicken has a use and is wonderful. We eat it about twice a week.

Last edited by nmnita; 12-11-2015 at 05:32 AM..

Old 12-11-2015, 05:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is your opinion and applies only to you, others disagree which is their choice to eat what they want.
Personally my choice is to never eat at a place like Chipotle, my cooking is much better for me.
Oh come on, are you saying you never eat at a semi fast food restaurant? Of course most of us, those who enjoy cooking and enjoy eating as healthy as we can eat at home more than anywhere, but most of us, from time to time will eat out and usually that is fast food or what I call, semi fast food. It is tasty and fun plus there are times when we are not at home to fix a meal. What about when you travel?

Old 12-11-2015, 05:40 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,399,542 times
Thigh meat and dark meat in general has tons of flavor. And white meat doesn't have THAT much less fat anyway - especially if we're talking skinless for both. Go for the flavor and the moist texture rather than dry breast meat! We've been sold a bill of goods that you have to eat breast meat to be healthy and the image is that dark meat is somehow substandard (not lily-white?)

Old 12-11-2015, 05:44 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,399,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Wrong. Ever heard of Pollo a La Parrilla? It means grilled whole chicken and is hugely popular in Mexico.

Oh, and I wouldn't feed my dogs Chipotle. That's about as far away from Mexican food as you can get.

Good for you! But we don't all live in areas where "authentic" is available...and who's to say that Tex-Mex is authentic either?! I'm sure your bagels and corned beef are terrible!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink