Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2016, 10:56 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

No, we do NOT all agree that at all.

I'd never become a Larry Caldwell.

Taco Bell has terrific, healthful food. Delicious, too!
Well except if carbs are the enemy, then most fast food locations and even restauraunts are a problem...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 03:01 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,366,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnonothimagain View Post
I've called and written Taco Bell numerous times about how SALTY ALL of the foods on their menu are. And this is a recent article on why they prefer easy over quality.. Taco Bell says easy beats better - Business Insider

Right. Running a successful restaurant (or big chain chain for that matter) is more than just the perceived quality of the food. If the Taco Bell food was really truly god-awful (as some here describe) there is no way they would sell a taco, and no way they would have this many chains. Restaurants that have good food close all the time.

Taco Bell is "authentic" fast food, quick serve, restaurant. Food quality can be questioned till you're purple, but its a narrow minded to think the better the food, the better the business. I mean McDonalds is huge, and even Dominos Pizza is knocking it out of the park, but people will still complain about the taste of their food. I guess people value price, consistency, drive through, pizza tracking apps etc. over "quality" and these restaurants have taken advantage of that.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:12 AM

1,146 posts, read 1,413,909 times
For better quality and when I have time to dine in, I would pick Chipotle over Taco Bell no question. But if I want Mexican and short on time, I will pick Taco Bell. Especially if its late at night.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:42 AM

912 posts, read 1,525,325 times
Taco Bell is my favorite of the "big" fast food places. I don't eat there often - maybe a few times a year, if that - but it's my go-to option on road trips where the only other options are McDonald's, Burger King and Subway (I haaaaaate Subway - their meat tastes like chemicals to me).

Old 05-17-2016, 04:48 PM

2,531 posts, read 1,864,874 times
It's cheap, tasty and easy to get (drive thru). I sometimes like to stop by there after my workout and get either a chicken burrito or the 5 layer beef burrito to get my carbs.

Chipotle is good but is for sure more expensive nor do they have a drive thru.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:46 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoTex View Post
Taco Bueno is way better than Taco Bell - IMO
Ohhh wow! I want 12 "Big Freakin' Tacos" right now! We need that chain down here in south Florida!

Old 05-18-2016, 01:20 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,748,538 times
All I know is that here in Eureka the Taco Bell has a line of cars wrapped around it 24/7. I've eaten there once.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:26 PM

4,222 posts, read 4,746,812 times
When I was kid I remember them having these cinnamon dessert thingies...they were shaped like Doritos if I remember right...anyone remember these?

They were soooooo good.

ETA: Cinnamon crispas!! That's were they were called...I remember eating those back in the 80s....

Old 05-18-2016, 01:41 PM

174 posts, read 189,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
When I was kid I remember them having these cinnamon dessert thingies...they were shaped like Doritos if I remember right...anyone remember these?

They were soooooo good.

ETA: Cinnamon crispas!! That's were they were called...I remember eating those back in the 80s....

Cinnamon TWISTS! Wasn't it? It was here at least. Yeah I remember them well, and the mess they made if you gave in and them in the car on the way back!

I also want to say Taco Bell is still in business because this thread has caused me to plan on eating there tonight. It's kind of hard to reminisce and wax poetic about Chipotle, so take that OP!

Old 05-18-2016, 03:11 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post

They were soooooo good.

I really liked those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink