Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 07:31 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,964,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Speaking of ice cream, Ben & Jerry's The Tonight Dough is new (at least in my area) and it is amazing.

Just for an occasional treat, it is worth the calorie splurge. I don't eat sweets unless it is worth the calories and this one is.
Ben and Jerry's is full of gums and garbage. Never understood why anyone buys it? They have great marketing though and I guess if people just want sugar with gum it fits their needs. I think that company is lousy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 09:09 AM

986 posts, read 1,665,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

While Haagen Dazs is pricier than Breyer's, it is a much better value. They make ice cream with the same ingredients as when I make ice cream at home. No cheap indigestible fillers and chemicals. Taste is 1000% better too - it is the family's favorite flavor in our house as well.
Haagen Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter is AWESOME. Their rocky road is amazing also. Rich chocolate, big nuts, smooth marshmallow cream ribbon....ok I'll stop now

Old 06-23-2016, 09:19 AM

61,661 posts, read 87,041,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Speaking of ice cream, Ben & Jerry's The Tonight Dough is new (at least in my area) and it is amazing.

Just for an occasional treat, it is worth the calorie splurge. I don't eat sweets unless it is worth the calories and this one is.
My favorite store bought ice cream is Talenti. It's made only of few, natural ingredients. Delicious!
Not the cheapest, but I print coupons online.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:01 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,302,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
Gross, I'll pass, thank you very much. I never understood the fascination that North Americans have with 'heavy' ice cream flavors that are basically various permutations of chocolate, fudge, peanut butter, cookie dough, oreo, etc. I like my ice cream to be light and fruity. Mango, pineapple, lychee, now (IN MY OPINION) these are awesome ice cream flavors.

better way to reply...

Old 06-23-2016, 10:03 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,302,526 times
These are the ingredients I do not care for in my ice cream (from the nutrition info on the Breyers label):

VEGETABLE GUMS (CAROB BEAN, TARA, GUAR), CARRAGEENAN,

Old 06-23-2016, 10:08 AM

10,091 posts, read 6,424,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
These are the ingredients I do not care for in my ice cream (from the nutrition info on the Breyers label):

VEGETABLE GUMS (CAROB BEAN, TARA, GUAR), CARRAGEENAN,
Well, at least carrageenan is a form of seaweed, so you can say you are getting your "greens."

Old 06-23-2016, 10:29 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,910,103 times
Breyers is not a brand that we buy at our house. In fact, we pass it over when it's on sale too. Just not a quality product. (IMHO)

Old 06-23-2016, 10:51 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,594,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earslikeacat View Post
Breyers made an "Almond Joy" flavor which was heavenly.
I like Coldstone Creamery and no store bought will ever suffice after taking the turn.
Cold Stone's coffee lovers is the best!

Old 06-23-2016, 11:21 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,691,254 times
Last I check, most Breyer's label their containers as "frozen dessert" did not say Ice Cream.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:40 AM

19,503 posts, read 9,530,130 times
I'll try [almost] anything once, maybe twice Thanks for the info on the Breyer's Choc/PB.

These are the ones we usually get: Turkey Hill
https://www.turkeyhill.com/frozen/fr...natural-gelato

Inspired by Italian gelato recipes, our All Natural Gelato is made with simple, natural ingredients like fresh milk, cream, and real sugar.
So what is gelato? Find out what gelato is.

https://www.turkeyhill.com/frozen/fr...atural-recipes
All Natural Ice Cream Flavors

Get a good taste of Lancaster County lifestyle with Turkey Hill All Natural Ice Cream — churned with all natural ingredients and a little extra cream for unforgettable richness

I also like the Breyer's gelato in the cappuccino and tiramisu flavors.

As in the comments from previous posts - as in little indulgences.

I may stop once a month at a local place that does soft serve ice cream, as a special treat for getting the mortgage payment out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink