Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 11:43 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,806,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1/2 Cup (70g) Servings Per Container 12 Amount Per Serving Calories 180 Calories From Fat 100 % Daily Value* Total Fat 11g 17%Saturated Fat 4.5g 23%Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 15mg 5%Sodium 135mg 6%Total Carbohydrate 19g 6%Dietary Fiber 2g 8%Sugars 14g Protein 4g Vitamin A 4%Vitamin C 0%Calcium 6%Iron 4%*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

MILK, CREAM, SUGAR, PEANUTS, CORN SYRUP, DUTCHED COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), LESS THAN 2% OF: WHEY, SALT, PEANUT OIL, VEGETABLE GUMS (CAROB BEAN, TARA, GUAR), MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, CARRAGEENAN, NATURAL FLAVOR, ANNATTO (FOR COLOR). Ingredients and Nutrition Facts are current as of 1/1/16. Please see shelf packaging for any changes. Nutrition Facts may vary in high altitude areas

Homemade Vanilla Bean is our choice, not the ingredients ^^^^^^^ in Breyers.

Buzz kill

No you're right. Ice cream is one of the worst things you can put in your body, but what a way to go.

Moose tracks for me please.

Last edited by elnina; 06-23-2016 at 12:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 12:03 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,808,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Just picked up a carton of this:

Breyers® - Original - Chocolate Peanut Butter

And OMG it is the best store bought ice cream i have ever had!!! I am not a big ice cream eater since i am diabetic, but when i saw it in the store-i had to try it. soooo good!!!

I havent had ice cream that good before
I used to LOVE Breyer's chocolate chip ice cream, but when they started making the "frozen dairy dessert" I stopped buying it. Even the so called "natural" flavors (labeled as ice cream instead of frozen dairy dessert) don't taste the same. Sad, because they used to have a really great product.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:08 PM

2,040 posts, read 4,558,096 times
I don't particularly like ice cream with any kind of peanut butter (don't know why - love Reese's). My newest favorite ice cream right now is Turkey Hill's Blitzburgh Crunch. For some reason, I like ice creams with crunchy things.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:09 PM

19,447 posts, read 27,866,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
My favorite store bought ice cream is Talenti. It's made only of few, natural ingredients. Delicious!
Not the cheapest, but I print coupons online.
I rarely eat ice cream anymore. Too many crowns and bridge work make it painful. I'll have an occasional soft serve or Talenti. That suff is great. It's actually gelato. Our BJ's carries it, btw.

Have you tried that salted caramel? OMG.

Bur I long for the days when you could go to Howard Johnson and get pink peppermint stick ice cream. One of my favorite childhood food memories.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:28 PM

2,202 posts, read 2,306,642 times
I like Hersey's Ice Cream (Not affiliated with Hershey's Chocolate.)Have not found it in stores...

Old 06-23-2016, 12:50 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,541,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Last I check, most Breyer's label their containers as "frozen dessert" did not say Ice Cream.
Breyer's is the one that doesn't melt: (the actual shot of the product left out all day and explanation starts at 4:58....left out after 5 days starts at 6:30, after 10 days starts at 7:06)

Old 06-23-2016, 12:53 PM

174 posts, read 190,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
Gross, I'll pass, thank you very much. I never understood the fascination that North Americans have with 'heavy' ice cream flavors that are basically various permutations of chocolate, fudge, peanut butter, cookie dough, oreo, etc. I like my ice cream to be light and fruity. Mango, pineapple, lychee, now these are awesome ice cream flavors.
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:09 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,892,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Definitely, this ice cream is NOT for diabetics. I agree with a_g opinion about the ice cream: too heavy, too fatty, too airy, too sweet... Give me fruit gelato anytime!
A single serving of ice cream is not that bad for a diabetic. It's not any worse than a low-fat, no sugar added ice cream and definitely better than sherbet, because the fat slows absorption of the sugar.

Portion control is the key. With 19g carbs in a 1/2 cup serving (of this particular flavor), there's no reason a diabetic can't enjoy a serving now and then.

I usually buy the individual portion cups of ice cream since I cheat when I measure it. The flavors are really limited though.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:31 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,612,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
Gross, I'll pass, thank you very much. I never understood the fascination that North Americans have with 'heavy' ice cream flavors that are basically various permutations of chocolate, fudge, peanut butter, cookie dough, oreo, etc. I like my ice cream to be light and fruity. Mango, pineapple, lychee, now these are awesome ice cream flavors.
I don't care for fruit ice cream at all, especially tropical fruits, but I don't think that's a particularly "North American" trait.

I also don't like chocolate ice cream. Candy in ice cream is hit and miss. Broken up bits of English toffee in a vanilla base is good, so is mint chocolate chip.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:50 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,569,729 times
Why is this person talking about chocolate peanut butter ice cream like it is a new invention?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink