Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have your hamburger meat cooked.........
Rare with the blood flowing out of it. 2 6.06%
Medium rare. 8 24.24%
done. 15 45.45%
On fire 2 6.06%
Other cooking option. 6 18.18%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 06:56 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,614,054 times

Advertisements

I have my hamburger cooked well-done. Almost on fire.

USDA: Most recalled beef has probably been eaten.

(CNN) -- Federal officials are trying to track down the 143 million pounds of beef recalled Sunday, but they say that most of it has probably been eaten.

USDA: Most recalled beef has probably been eaten - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/02/18/beef.recall/index.html - broken link)

Old 02-19-2008, 07:25 PM

1,641 posts, read 5,026,630 times
You know, when I first saw this headline, I thought to myself, wow, they are recalling already eaten hamburger? Yuk. I don't think so!

Old 02-20-2008, 04:35 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,634,940 times
"Blue", ie virtually raw. I couldn't vote as that wasn't an option. I actually hate it rare when it bleeds. I like my hamburger seared on the outside pretty much. Same with steak. I have had it that way since a child and have never had food poisoning once. ( well apart from a very overcooked chicken in Amsterdam least year!).

But then again I love steak tartare. One of my favourite dishes.

I hate beef which is overcooked, IMO it loses all its flavour and the texture is just horrible to me.

Also I find it could be almost any other meat and in fact I have had it on occasions when it was over-cooked and I was convinced it was lamb , rat, dog anything but beef...

Old 02-20-2008, 07:19 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,547,807 times
Medium. My burgers come from a mean cow that tried to gore me (females in some breeds do have horns). Every bite is tasty revenge.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Medium. My burgers come from a mean cow that tried to gore me (females in some breeds do have horns). Every bite is tasty revenge.
Thank you for the laugh ! I like the cut of your cloth !
They do say revenge is a dish best eaten cold, maybe we should change it to medium done ! You got the last laugh anyway.

I hope you weren't too badly hurt, seriously though. It sounds awful. I know people get killed every year by stampeding.

It's funny really, cows do look so placid and being vegetarian you think they would be immensely pacifist ! Maybe it was something the other cows said that put her in a foul mood ?

Old 02-20-2008, 08:31 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 4,234,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
"Blue", ie virtually raw. I couldn't vote as that wasn't an option. I actually hate it rare when it bleeds. I like my hamburger seared on the outside pretty much. Same with steak. I have had it that way since a child and have never had food poisoning once. ( well apart from a very overcooked chicken in Amsterdam least year!).

But then again I love steak tartare. One of my favourite dishes.

I hate beef which is overcooked, IMO it loses all its flavour and the texture is just horrible to me.
You'd get on with my other half. "Still mooing please..."

I wouldn't want a burger rare or blue as I don't trust the contents, but good steak yes. Especially tuna steak. Sorry, going off-topic.

Burgers, burgers.... medium for me.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:01 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,734,653 times
I love my steaks bloody medium rare becaues the tenderness is always delicious. But rare hamburgers? Ick, who knows what's in that stuff?! No thanks, I'll take min crunchy please.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:12 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,023,832 times
I used to like my hamburgers to be dead, kill it twice for me please. Now I like it with just a touch of pink in the middle but I don't want to see red juice running out of it. It doesn't need to talk to me. HA!

Old 02-20-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH1 View Post
You'd get on with my other half. "Still mooing please..."

I wouldn't want a burger rare or blue as I don't trust the contents, but good steak yes. Especially tuna steak. Sorry, going off-topic.

Burgers, burgers.... medium for me.
Mooing is about right ! Seriously though, I do appreciate the health concerns people have about it, I guess having been weaned on steak tartare and sushi, I kinda like my meat really, really rare !

I tend not to have hamburgers unless in a good restaurant and some of it is just trusting the quality of the meat and hygiene conditions too.

I have recently discovered the Gourmet Burger Kitchen company ( which is opening more and more chains in the UK apparently , have you got one in Lincoln ?) and they so far refuse to serve it blue to me ( their burgers are really very good actually) and will only go as far as medium rare.

They quoted the law to me so I quoted back that they were wrong . I even showed an email from my local authority health and safety chief executive proving that there is no law against it , those are just guidelines. They were dubious and I let them slide that one time.

Next time though I will push for blue. The taste is so much yummier !

Last edited by Mooseketeer; 02-20-2008 at 09:47 AM..

Old 02-20-2008, 09:37 AM

667 posts, read 2,301,266 times
If I could have it black & crispy down to the middle without it crumbling with ash in my mouth, I would.
I'm not a big fan of hamburger, but when the time comes I prefer blackened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink