Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 04:38 PM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times

Advertisements

I re heat them in a a toaster oven & have them as a side with whatever else I am eating. SOmetimes I will also bring home half a burger, so I have burger & fries all over again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2017, 04:58 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,824,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyosa View Post
What the hell? What state do you guys live in that Five guys give that much fries? Coz they ain't giving that much fries where we live! I do love their fries though and their free peanuts in shells. I happen to eat stale ones before.

I don't mind eating leftover fries. I loathe wasting food. I always think of the people that are starving. And since I am an expert on leftover anything. The best way to warm fries so they can retain the crispness is toaster oven.
really? I lived in VA for a while and CA currently and been to several Five Guys there and in FL and MA and everyone I've gone to fills up the entire paper bag with fries when you order a regular fries. But I think their fries suck and they are always soggy since they stick them in a paper bag and close the top which steams the fries

Old 03-29-2017, 08:41 PM

23,543 posts, read 24,041,250 times
I make chili fries or a chili & fries burrito (wrapped in a big flour tortilla and add melted cheese).

Old 03-29-2017, 09:20 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,877,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
I make chili fries or a chili & fries burrito (wrapped in a big flour tortilla and add melted cheese).
Having both the tortilla and the fries in one dish feels like too much starch. But I'm sure I'll sing a different tune if I'm eating it as a hangover breakfast, rather than as a normal breakfast.

Old 03-30-2017, 07:30 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I don't understand the concept of leftover french fries.
Neither do I. I guess...if you were eating french fries and the doorbell rang and it was Publishers Clearinghouse telling you that you won millions, and you got excited and they videotape you for the next commercial and you then have to call your mother and tell her you're a millionaire...you COULD forget that you still had some french fries you hadn't eaten.

Old 03-30-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
really? I lived in VA for a while and CA currently and been to several Five Guys there and in FL and MA and everyone I've gone to fills up the entire paper bag with fries when you order a regular fries. But I think their fries suck and they are always soggy since they stick them in a paper bag and close the top which steams the fries
YES! The fries get soggy at Five Guys. Yuck.

Old 03-30-2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I re heat them in a a toaster oven & have them as a side with whatever else I am eating. SOmetimes I will also bring home half a burger, so I have burger & fries all over again.
I actually did reheat fries the other day, too. I went to a diner and got an omelet with feta, tomato, and spinach and fries on the side. I brought home half the omelet and half the fries. Really good fries, too, homemade, with the skins on.

I reheated them in the oven because I don't have a toaster oven. I should get one for things like that. It means more crap on the counter, though.

Old 03-30-2017, 07:45 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I actually did reheat fries the other day, too. I went to a diner and got an omelet with feta, tomato, and spinach and fries on the side. I brought home half the omelet and half the fries. Really good fries, too, homemade, with the skins on.

I reheated them in the oven because I don't have a toaster oven. I should get one for things like that. It means more crap on the counter, though.
We use our toaster oven more than our oven at this point. But I agree on the "more crap on the counter" issue. When I replaced my oven recently, I went with a double oven style range, partially with the thought that at some point (when I update my kitchen hopefully) I can get rid of the toaster-oven and use the top (smaller) oven in my range.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:33 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,648,352 times
Dice them up fine and mix in some chopped onion. Fry in an oiled pan and now you have some yummy hash browns....

Old 03-30-2017, 11:16 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,530,502 times
My dog???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink