Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 06:15 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,041,289 times

Advertisements

In no particular order:

Klondike bars
Funnel cake
Fish and chips
Just about any Tex Mex food

My favorite road trip meal is a BLT, tots, and a cherry limeade from Sonic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 02:30 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,385,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Yeh, I googled it and found out.

I was a kid long ago, lol. I don't think tater tots had been invented yet. In school we had sloppy Joes, spaghetti, pizza, mac and cheese, stuff like that. Tater tots probably taste good but I already have my quota of junk food.
Apparently the tater tot was invented by Ore-Ida in 1953, but they were kind of exotic when I was a kid in NY in the 70s. At least I perceived them that way. Few kids I knew ate them and they were certainly not served in my schools.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:55 AM

48,557 posts, read 34,927,283 times
Thank god I don't own a waffle iron, I oh so want to make a grilled cheese sandwich out of tater tots...
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-21-2017, 12:06 PM

29,755 posts, read 34,439,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Thank god I don't own a waffle iron, I oh so want to make a grilled cheese sandwich out of tater tots...
OMG. It's that special time of the month for me (TMI) and that sounds like something I would like to shove in my face hole right now.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:19 PM

8,055 posts, read 10,651,352 times
Chips and that old stand-by onion dip made with Lipton dry soup mix (has to sit in the fridge at least a day or two to be really good, though).

What I had for lunch today: A pimento cheese sandwich grilled in butter, on white bread no less, and a Real Sugar Pepsi to wash it down. No nutritional value whatsoever, but oh, so good. Thankfully, this is a rare meal for me or I would weight about 300 lbs.

Occasionally: Cheetos. Yes, they smell like stinky feet, but I just don't care.

My ultimate sweets: A scoop of premium chocolate and premium butter pecan ice cream together in a cone.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:20 PM

4,191 posts, read 3,409,560 times
Quote:
Sometimes you can get them cheap at yard sales. Think of the possibilities.

Old 06-21-2017, 04:17 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,538,621 times
Quote:

Argggh, don't say that!!!

Old 06-21-2017, 04:54 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,455,939 times
Quote:
You might want to get one anyways, have you ever made Belgian waffles from scratch? I'm going to have to do a tater tot grilled cheese next time - gotta pick up a bag next shopping trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
OMG. It's that special time of the month for me (TMI) and that sounds like something I would like to shove in my face hole right now.
Amen! Followed with some home made chocolate pudding....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
Sometimes you can get them cheap at yard sales. Think of the possibilities.
I got mine brand new and still in the box for $2 at a local yard sale several years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Argggh, don't say that!!!
It's no good trying to resist temptation, right?

Old 06-21-2017, 05:24 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,656,762 times
Brach's Circus Peanuts

Old 06-21-2017, 06:11 PM

417 posts, read 191,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Yeh, I googled it and found out.

I was a kid long ago, lol. I don't think tater tots had been invented yet. In school we had sloppy Joes, spaghetti, pizza, mac and cheese, stuff like that. Tater tots probably taste good but I already have my quota of junk food.
I'm Sorry?...Did...You...Say..."QUOTA of junk food ????"

Is there such a thing???

OMG! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm going to start building a bomb shelter in my back yard to hide MY STUFF!

Did I just say that out loud?

uh...."These aren't the droids your looking for. Go about your business. Move along."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink