Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 10:48 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,046,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
This is pretty hilarious. A lot of Californians do not want to admit they like Chickfila. The lines are pretty long though at all of our local shops. Constantly crowded.
That doesn't mean everyone loves it though. The ones around here are always crowded as well, but I don't know anyone who eats there. I think their food is gross, I don't understand why there are always long lines. It's hard to believe that many people like soggy chicken sandwiches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 10:48 AM

564 posts, read 449,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
Sounds like this belongs in another forum.
Yeah, one about food.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:51 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,207,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
fun thread but as phony as they come.
I'll say!😄

Old 08-28-2017, 10:52 AM

983 posts, read 1,183,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
That doesn't mean everyone loves it though. The ones around here are always crowded as well, but I don't know anyone who eats there. I think their food is gross, I don't understand why there are always long lines. It's hard to believe that many people like soggy chicken sandwiches.

Soggy ???

They are anything BUT soggy

Nothing on their chicken sandwichs except wonderful seasoned and fried tender / moist chicken breast - pickle and a fresh soft bun

How you can spin any of that into soggy ???

Old 08-28-2017, 11:06 AM

15,642 posts, read 26,292,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I don't get most fast food. It's expensive and bad. The last time we got Big Macs, they were a little over 5 bucks apiece. I can make a much better cheese burger at home for that...

Maybe it's my age, but I can remember when Big Macs were yummy. Now, in a quest to keep food cheap as possible to maximize profits, the food at a lot of fast food chains is ghastly.

We have a place out here called The Habit, and we've been there twice and the food is good in quality and quantity. It's more expensive, but not that much more expensive....

Old 08-28-2017, 11:08 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,877,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
There are actually people who hate the corner piece of brownies?
LOL the corner of a Brownie is the best part IMHO.

Old 08-28-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrkAliteN View Post
Soggy ???

They are anything BUT soggy

Nothing on their chicken sandwichs except wonderful seasoned and fried tender / moist chicken breast - pickle and a fresh soft bun

How you can spin any of that into soggy ???
I don't know how they do it, but yes, every time I have tried CFA the fried chicken has been soggy. I've tried it at 3 different locations in 3 different states, and they all had the same nasty chicken.

Old 08-28-2017, 11:31 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,882,560 times
This map is bogus. NJ says we hate "gas station wine" but wine can't be sold at gas stations in NJ... only at licensed liquor stores.

I can't imagine buying wine at a gas station.

Old 08-28-2017, 11:48 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,395,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
This map is bogus. NJ says we hate "gas station wine" but wine can't be sold at gas stations in NJ... only at licensed liquor stores.

I agree. Some of them do make sense, but a lot of it seems arbitrary on the one hand, stereotypical on the other.

It looks more like something that was come up with by a single person than a state by state poll or statistical analysis.

Old 08-28-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
Does that forbid you from going inside gas stations in other states and buying wine? Or maybe it's just the thought of buying wine at a gas station that upsets them.

The map's source is a random dating app that hasn't even been around for a year and has only 9 reviews. That doesn't sound like a big enough sample size to have any sort of accuracy. It's just supposed to be a fun map to get people talking and get the app's name in the media. It's not something to be taken seriously.

Quote:
It's not like they make special gas station wine. It's the same stuff sold in other stores. No different then buying beer or liquor at a gas station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink