Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 10:45 PM

1,092 posts, read 832,513 times

Advertisements

Beef Garden Casserole (veggie & ground beef & tomato soup base topped with cheese spins). Feeds several, ecoomic & presents well.

Sloppy Joes (when all the grands are here. They love them. Cheap, makes a lot. Minimum fuss & clean up.

Meatloaf, smashed taters, green veggie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 02:49 PM

496 posts, read 411,474 times
lasagna

pulled pork with coleslaw, pickled red onion and potato salad ( I consider this easy because I can make all of it the day before)

chili with cornbread

tacos

Old 11-16-2017, 03:33 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,454,883 times
I either make salmon, rice or potatoes, salad and a vegetable. Sides would vary as to season. In warm months we might grill the salmon and serve sweet corn and fresh vegetables with salad.
In spring, I might make it with asparagus and hollandaise sauce. In fall, I might marinate it in an hard cider sauce and serve with root vegetables.

If I am entertaining people who don't eat fish, I find that some sort of casserole and a salad. My go to casserole would be a vegetable lasagna with either white sauce or tomato sauce. A salad, depending on the dish, and garlic bread.
Casseroles really are the easiest thing to prepare.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:19 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,368,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I just went on girls' weekend trip, an each of us was responsible for a meal. I was preparing to come up with some fancy complex menu to "impress" everyone, but then they requested that I make my salsa chicken. I was a little disappointed that I wasn't going to be able to do something a little fancier, but I went with it. Turned out to be a good thing, because it meant I could spend more time hanging out with them than hanging out at the stove.

It's literally chicken breasts, an envelope of taco seasoning, drained/rinsed black beans, drained corn, and a jar of whatever salsa you like (we went with peach mango). 3-4 hrs on high or 6-8 hrs on low. Shred the chicken once it's cooked. It can be served over rice, or on nachos, or in tacos. I put out some cheese, cilantro, sour cream, and lime wedges. It disappeared fast! And it was cheap!
I made it today and had it over lettuce with some cheese and chipotle ranch dressing. I cut up a red bell pepper in it and used roasted frozen corn in addition to the black beans.

I actually used to make something similar, but you added minute rice to the crockpot at the end to make it into a burrito bowl. Without the rice makes more sense - it's just more versatile.

Can't wait to try more variations of it in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink