Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 01:05 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,373,059 times

Advertisements

Where are Royal Dansk Cookies sold?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 01:28 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,700,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Where are Royal Dansk Cookies sold?
Google "where to buy royal dansk cookies". (I would have pasted the link here but it brings up my "local" places to purchase them. YMWV)

I know Walmart, Target and Walgreens sell them. I do believe Office Depot and Bed, Bath and Beyond sometimes sell them as well. And I think you can order them on Amazon and Ebay as well.

Just make sure to not purchase any knock-offs made in China, etc. Packaging should state something like "Baked and packed in Denmark for Kelsen, Inc, Melville, NY"

Old 01-03-2018, 02:32 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,403,121 times
I love them but my DH can't stand the taste or the smell. (this is coming from someone who loves butter go figure)

Old 01-03-2018, 02:37 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,718,761 times
US Name: Danish Vanilla Cookies (on Google) and yes many of the danish recipes have almonds chopped up, very fine, in them, I haven't looked at the US variety. The ones I buy in Denmark from bakeries (not in tin boxes) pretty much taste the same, but not all the home-made ones.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:23 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,621,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbogyrl View Post
Royal Dansk...

Edible, but look at the ingredients and the transfats.

I think there are preservatives in them that won't be there if you make them yourself...

When I make them I use 100% organic butter, and vanilla bean paste... can't beat it. No RGH hormones in the butter and the vanilla taste is rich and smooth.
They sound delicious! How much do you charge for a 3 pound tin of them?

Old 01-04-2018, 11:14 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,885,964 times
Someone gave my mother a tin of those for Christmas every year. LONG ago. I don't think I've had them in 20 years. Sigh.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:48 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,191,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Did you just make that up???? Do some research instead of propagating false information.

Ingredients. Wheat Flour, Butter (Milk), Sugar, Desiccated Coconut, Invert Sugar, Salt, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Natural Flavor (Vanilla).

Saturated fats, but no trans fats. No preservatives or coloring added.
Actually this is not true for the Royal Dansk Danish Cookie Selection tins (blue & white tins). They do contain fractionated palm oil, which is a trans fat. The ingredient list is:

Wheat Flour, Vegetable Fat (Palm and Fractionated Palm Oil), Sugar, Desiccated Coconut, Demarara Cane Sugar, Oat Flakes, Salt, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Invert Sugar, Natural Flavor (Vanilla), Sodium Bicarbonate

This differs from their more commonly available blue tinned butter cookies, which have the ingredients you listed, using butter instead of vegetable fats.

I was in Walgreens yesterday to pick up a RX. While waiting in line they had a strategically placed bin of both types of these Royal Dansk tinned cookies next to the queue area. Being hungry and bored, I picked up each to see if they were still made in Denmark. They were. But reviewing the ingredients of both tins, I decided to buy the blue tin of butter cookies because they didn't contain the palm & fractionated palm oils, but used butter instead (as the name implies).

Royal Dansk DOES use trans fat in some of their cookies. So you gotta be careful and read the ingredients before you buy. However their claim to not use preservatives or added coloring is true for all their products - which IMO is the lesser of the two sins (using trans fats vs. using preservatives/coloring).

To see the blue and white tinned cookies containing trans fats, here they are on Walgreens website: https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/ro...875374-product

Old 01-06-2018, 07:23 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,651,751 times
I'm actually finishing off the last of them (breakfast of champions) right now. I never think to look for them except around Christmas...I wonder if they're always on the shelves year 'round?

Old 01-06-2018, 08:18 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,045,402 times
I just finished mine last night - on to the Walkers Shortbread!!

Old 01-06-2018, 02:00 PM

5,132 posts, read 4,482,437 times
I bought a tin of Royal Dansk cookies a few weeks ago. Big disappointment. I didn't realize that some are made in China. That probably explains why the cookies were not as buttery as they used to be, and a bit heavy on the flour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink