Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 07:42 AM

29,523 posts, read 22,680,154 times

Advertisements

This morning my coworker was ranting about a messed up McDonald's order. He ordered breakfast inside for takeaway but didn't double check inside the bag before leaving. The server totally messed up the order giving wrong food items.

Myself, I tend not to double check after receiving the bag either in the drive thru or at the counter. For most part I haven't had an issue but do get the occasional wrong or missing order. Maybe because I tend to want to trust people and not make people making minimum wage feel bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 08:38 AM

155 posts, read 132,746 times
I check.

I may only go fast food takeout a couple times a year .... but I want exactly what I ordered so checking is a must, unless you like surprises.

I never do the drive thru - always order in and take out. It's almost always have a very simple 1 person order so unlikely it gets messed up. But it has happened enough to make we want to check.

I will check the contents not at the cash register when recieved ( thats kinda in your face to the employee ) But rather I will check the contents quickly at the condiment station where I will grab a few extra napkins or something.

If anything needs corrected, its a cinch to walk right back up to the person who just handed you the order.

Rarely is something wrong or missing, my biggest complaint is corporates little trick of placing a medium size amount of fries into the large fry container ( after charging me for a large fries order ) I will always go back up and politely request ketchup and then ask for a large fries as mine is only 1/2 full.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:08 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,426,982 times
Couldn't tell you the last time I had to-go/takeaway food, but back in the day I'd hand it to a passenger to double-check or pull out of the way and check myself. It was pretty frequent to go back in and get the mistake corrected (or I'm just remembering it that way, it's been close to 15 years since we bought that kind of food with any regularity).

Old 01-18-2018, 09:16 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,882,766 times
I rarely eat fast food, and when I do never go in the drive thru. It's actually faster to walk in, get my food and leave.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:43 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,194,063 times
There is a running joke in my family, my parents, siblings, me, that we are cursed to never get a taco bell order correct. I may go once every two months, I go inside, usually so it's easier to check and seems to be right usually. But if I am in a hurry and don't check it's wrong. The last two times my husband and son went, both times wrong. Either something missing or wrong items... The curse continues.

I don't know why I continue, but I looove me a burrito Supreme and crunchy taco #1 on the menu!!

Old 01-18-2018, 04:05 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,885,809 times
I don't order enough items for them to get it wrong.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:14 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,449,340 times
yes I do because if I come home with the wrong thing my DH orders he gets annoyed. In that case I tell him "go get it yourself next time".

Old 01-18-2018, 04:16 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,192,542 times
On the occasions I don't check, it seems there is a 100% likelihood it being messed up. But fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice.....

Old 01-18-2018, 04:19 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,885,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
...fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice.....
Well... you're not gonna fool me twice.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:29 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,625,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastPatriot View Post
I check.

I may only go fast food takeout a couple times a year .... but I want exactly what I ordered so checking is a must, unless you like surprises.

I never do the drive thru - always order in and take out. It's almost always have a very simple 1 person order so unlikely it gets messed up. But it has happened enough to make we want to check.

I will check the contents not at the cash register when recieved ( thats kinda in your face to the employee ) But rather I will check the contents quickly at the condiment station where I will grab a few extra napkins or something.

If anything needs corrected, its a cinch to walk right back up to the person who just handed you the order.

Rarely is something wrong or missing, my biggest complaint is corporates little trick of placing a medium size amount of fries into the large fry container ( after charging me for a large fries order ) I will always go back up and politely request ketchup and then ask for a large fries as mine is only 1/2 full.
You do know that the fries are sold by weight, not volume, right?

A proper large order of fries (what you paid for) is much less than a large fry container jammed with all the fries that won't fall out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink