Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 02:00 PM

20,417 posts, read 14,722,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Sounds like hyperthyroidism to me. My husband had it. And it's nothing to mess around with. His overactive thyroid had him hot like you say, he dropped a LOT of weight without trying, he was basically skin and bones eventually, and started to actually fall down when he'd try to run around the bases playing softball. He had to have his thyroid killed with iodine, and is on synthetic thyroid the rest of his life.
And, I seem to recall an female Olympic track start that had it too, I don't remember her name. She nearly died.
Sorry to hijack the funny food combo thread, but I felt I should warn Sonic.
I know, and it IS odd but I'm under supervision by my doctor.

My research indicates that thyroid imbalances can manifest in odd ways that aren't always what one would expect, and as a general rule, while cold hands (which I often have when awake) are one of the hypo sides, and overheating one of the hyper sides' symptoms...it might be more fair to say that your thermostat is kinda borked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 03:02 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,874,800 times
I thought of another one- I like to make a big breakfast bagel (a great to-go breakfast to eat on the fly, later, as I don't get hungry for a couple hours after my morning espresso)--

Its always a fried egg, cream cheese, mustard, tomatoes and lettuce and a protein of some sort (I usually have some boneless chicken filets cooked and ready- or smoked salmon works too)--

on a cinnamon raisin bagel-

I love it!

Old 02-28-2018, 03:11 PM

11,082 posts, read 6,678,953 times
Tuna soup for breakfast. Thought it was weird and ended up loving it. Traditional here:

https://www.laylita.com/recipes/ence...-or-tuna-soup/

Old 02-28-2018, 03:17 PM

19,097 posts, read 27,685,875 times
I absolutely liked sweet wafers with beer.
No idea why, but it tasted very good.
texans might know this one:
A friend told me that when she was a kid at school in Texas, it was common practice in that school to put Kool Aid powder onto pickles and eat them.

Old 02-28-2018, 03:37 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,889,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
A friend told me that when she was a kid at school in Texas, it was common practice in that school to put Kool Aid powder onto pickles and eat them.
This sounds very similar to a food popular in the Deep South: Koolicles. It's pickles with a packet of red Kool-Aid (usually cherry) and sugar added to the brine in the jar, then left to sit for a week.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 02-28-2018 at 03:46 PM..

Old 02-28-2018, 03:48 PM

723 posts, read 572,783 times
When we were kids, my dad used to make peanut butter and jelly omelets for us on the weekends. Crunchy is best. It gets all melty and delish.

Then there were the banana, butter and sugar sandwiches. Can't say I liked those very much.

Old 02-28-2018, 04:06 PM

32,968 posts, read 36,464,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphfr View Post
Totally agree with Hawaiian Pizza. The other pairing that comes to mind is prosciutto and melons. How about watermelon and feta cheese?

New theme! Sweet and salty!
I've eaten prosciutto and melon. I prefer honeydew. Watermelon and feta sounds good to me.

Old 02-28-2018, 04:07 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,385,555 times
Braunschweiger (liverwurst) and avacado sandwich. I usually make it with multi-grain bread but sourdough or rye are good too.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:33 PM

779 posts, read 473,644 times
Regular pringles and redi-whip.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:50 PM

801 posts, read 455,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
When I was 17 my girlfriends family (I'm a dude using my wifes account)had a family reunion in Morgantown, WV and I went with them. One day during the huge picnic, her brother says, "come here, I want you to try something" and it was peanut butter on a hot dog. I was instinctively repulsed, but my competitive teenage male ego wouldn't allow for me to express said disgust, so I acquiesced and surprisingly enough, it was actually quite good. I never had it again and I'm now 45, but I can say that peanut butter on a hot dog is actually good. Your turn
LOL. When I saw this thread I decided I had to post my own weird peanut butter combo!
Didn't read through the thread so I wonder how many others if any have hit on this one:

Peanut butter and dill pickles on bread.

I will say that the few people I've convinced to try it did like it, or at least didn't hate it!

My girlfriend turned me on to it when I was 21 and 44 years later I still love it! Almond butter is equally good with pickles!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink