Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 05:36 PM

1,517 posts, read 992,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I’m usually a McChicken girl, but now I’m craving a cheeseburger.
Ever tried a McGangbang? Best of both worlds!

Personally I take the bottom bun half off the chicken before adding it. It's too much bread for me otherwise.

Old 03-05-2019, 05:55 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,439,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Are there any fans of the classic cheeseburger from McDonald's? I'm talking about the small burger with just one small patty, cheese, mustard, ketchup, onions and pickle, on a plain bun.

Now, when I was younger I used to love these. I can still almost remember how the first one tasted. I loved them for years. It was the perfect combination of ingredients in my opinion. But...for some reason they haven't tasted good to me in a LONG time. I go months or years without eating one. But I'm always disappointed every time. Yet, there are people I know who still love them as much as they ever did. But to me the ONIONS are just sort of overpowering. Sometimes I will order it without the onions and it is almost bearable. But they just sort of slowly faded away in their appeal over the years.

However, when it comes to the Big Mac, it tastes exactly the way it always has to me. Even the ONIONS taste good and they are the exact same kind. I discovered both of these burgers around the same time, but I still love the Big Mac. So this just doesn't make sense.

Can anyone else relate?
I order a regular hamburger and small fry. It's $2! Love it.

Old 03-05-2019, 06:00 PM

12,855 posts, read 9,071,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
The bun is super plasticky tasting.
10-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Today, I was starving and out and about, so I went and got a cheeseburger and small fries. It was ok because I was starving, but I didn’t finish either of them...I don’t eat a lot. It was just ok. It was about 2:30, so the burger wasn’t exactly hot of the griddle. The best part was it was like $2.61.

Just for the record, I think the pickles taste like poison, and I’d never put mustard on a hamburger.
That's something I've noticed, not just McDonalds, but Wendys, BK, and Hardees. All of their pickles taste like, well I don't know what, but not like a pickle. I normally love pickles, but these all just leave me with a sicky aftertaste.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:33 PM

14,498 posts, read 12,141,672 times
I still love the Big Mac, though it seems like the meat is getting smaller and smaller, I love the taste combination.

The little cheeseburgers, in college, they'd run a special where they were like 3 or 4 for $1.00 and our gang of friends would buy as many as we could and eat like 10 of them.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:59 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,692,752 times
I prefer Quarterpounder along with French Fries. Cheeseburger is too small for my appetite !!! In my college days, I used to eat 3 McChickens for my Lunch at campus McDonalds !!!

Old 03-06-2019, 11:23 AM

1,462 posts, read 974,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Today, I was starving and out and about, so I went and got a cheeseburger and small fries. It was ok because I was starving, but I didn’t finish either of them...I don’t eat a lot. It was just ok. It was about 2:30, so the burger wasn’t exactly hot of the griddle. The best part was it was like $2.61.

Just for the record, I think the pickles taste like poison, and I’d never put mustard on a hamburger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
10-4

That's something I've noticed, not just McDonalds, but Wendys, BK, and Hardees. All of their pickles taste like, well I don't know what, but not like a pickle. I normally love pickles, but these all just leave me with a sicky aftertaste.
I agree with both of you. I enjoy the regular cheeseburger too and that is what I usually buy when eating at McDonalds. When I do order, I always order without pickles and onions. One reason is the pickles are just nasty soggy things and I do not like raw onions. The other reason is that the cheeseburger is made fresh for me rather than sitting under a heat lamp.

Old 03-06-2019, 11:34 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,052,827 times
All of you people talking about "not hot off the grill" and "heat lamps" -- what? Here in Canada (and I'd guess many/most places in the U.S. too?), they haven't had heat lamps in ages. Everything is made to order. The cooking only starts when you place your order.

Old 03-06-2019, 04:49 PM

50,388 posts, read 64,050,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
All of you people talking about "not hot off the grill" and "heat lamps" -- what? Here in Canada (and I'd guess many/most places in the U.S. too?), they haven't had heat lamps in ages. Everything is made to order. The cooking only starts when you place your order.
Oh, Dawn, you sweet naive darling.

Old 03-06-2019, 05:15 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,877,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
I prefer Quarterpounder along with French Fries. Cheeseburger is too small for my appetite !!! In my college days, I used to eat 3 McChickens for my Lunch at campus McDonalds !!!
I would usually eat 2 cheeseburgers during college and after. I'm pretty sure they used to serve them in their combo that way. I liked the QPC also, but sometimes I preferred the 2 cheeseburgers.

Old 03-06-2019, 05:20 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,558,804 times
Back when I ate fast food the basic Mcdonalds cheeseburger was my favorite. I would order 4, large fries and diet coke. It's been many years though so I have no idea if the quallity has degraded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink