Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 01:42 PM

1,831 posts, read 1,431,751 times

Advertisements

I love all kinds of tea, and I drink them all straight. Hot or cold, neither has sweetener, milk or lemon. Just like the taste of the tea itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 01:51 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
One gallon of iced tea a day. Winco Foods black tea.
Do you live in the desert? Here in the frozen North drinking that much tea would have you in the bathroom all the livelong day. Not that I wouldn't fearlessly tackle such a project.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:58 PM

2,294 posts, read 3,429,640 times
Tetley (not British blend) or Typhoo hot with a dash of milk and 1 teaspoon of sugar in the first cup of the day.

Old 04-10-2019, 07:27 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
I like:

Sadaf Special Blend Tea (in the red box/bag) - This is good morning or after workout tea. I take it with Raw organic unfiltered and unprocessed Buckwheat honey. This tea is available at any Middle Eastern or Russian market/deli.

Tie Guan Yin Oolong tea - This is "special occasion" tea that I like to have at night after martial arts training or meditation. I drink this straight steeped in an earthenware tea pot. I get this from a local Chinese Herbalist.

Steep/Bigelow Organic Green Tea - Good general everyday drinking tea. I also drink this with whatever raw organic unprocessed honey we have in the house. You can get this at any Ralphs market.

Old 04-12-2019, 08:06 PM

4 posts, read 1,483 times
Make a green tea chai by brewing green tea in hot vanilla soy milk and topping with a dash each of cinnamon, black pepper, ginger, and allspice.

Old 04-12-2019, 08:58 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,186,509 times
Decaf green tea with 3-4 Splenda packets. Typically I drink this in the winter months to warm me up.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:06 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,161,714 times
I have all kinds of teas and they have flavors already - I just boil some water and pour it over the tea bag and that's it, no sugar, no cream, but now that I see how every one is putting milk (cream) and sugar into the tea, I may try it, too. Drinking tea makes you feel like you are taking a little break, calming, so civilized as the British say (they have a phrase but I don't remember it). I wished I had some biscuits and clotted cream, I don't think I ever had clotted cream.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:37 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
I have all kinds of teas and they have flavors already - I just boil some water and pour it over the tea bag and that's it, no sugar, no cream, but now that I see how every one is putting milk (cream) and sugar into the tea, I may try it, too. Drinking tea makes you feel like you are taking a little break, calming, so civilized as the British say (they have a phrase but I don't remember it). I wished I had some biscuits and clotted cream, I don't think I ever had clotted cream.
It's not the same, but clotted cream is very thick, and approaching the thickness of cream cheese. Spread it on something? Do I have to?

Old 04-15-2019, 12:04 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,161,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
It's not the same, but clotted cream is very thick, and approaching the thickness of cream cheese. Spread it on something? Do I have to?
Clotted cream must be really good - I like the description of the cream with the thickness of cream cheese and also the question of is it necessary to spread it on something

Old 04-16-2019, 04:30 PM

173 posts, read 120,838 times
It depends. My morning go-to tea is Sadaf loose leaf Ceylon black tea with 2 broken style sugar cubes or rock sugar and a couple of crushed green cardamom pods. I try to sub the sugar sometimes with Stevia but don't like the after-taste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink