Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 03:49 AM

61,772 posts, read 87,244,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
If you think that is insane then you better be sure to not eat any salads or fresh fruits and veggies in any reputable restaurants. The fresh produce must all get submerged for half an hour in a big sink full of bleach water each day before being rinsed and prepped for meals. It's required by law in all restaurants in all of North America and Europe. Restaurants that don't abide by that law are disreputable and careless and don't manage to stay in business for long.

ETA: Forgot to mention that applies to hospital kitchens too. And the kitchens in educational institutions.

I never saw anyone doing that or read about these regulations. I did own a restaurant for a while...

Would you please provide a supporting link? I am really curious now.

Nothing you posted was relevant to this statement.

What I found:

All produce should be thoroughly washed before eating. Wash fruits and vegetables under running water just before eating, cutting or cooking.
Washing fruits and vegetables with soap or detergent or using commercial produce washes is not recommended.
https://www.foodsafety.gov/keep/type...rodsafety.html
https://www.fda.gov/food/buy-store-s...produce-safely

Last edited by elnina; 05-08-2019 at 04:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 07:56 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,612,862 times
I also am very curious to see this bleach regulation. Coming up empty, here, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink