Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 09:13 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,001 times

Advertisements

Check out a company called Filthy Food. I love their blue cheese stuffed olives and I also love all of their other products. You might not like the price, but the olives are delicious. One of my favorites, other than the blue cheese ones are the ones that are stuffed with a tiny dill pickle. The olives are big and fleshy - no oily taste or feeling.

https://www.filthyfood.com/store/ind...d=2#&slider1=3

For the kalamata olives, I buy a brand called Mezetta - they come in a glass jar.

https://www.mezzetta.com/our-products
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 10:07 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
Get the garlic stuffed olives from Costco. MMmm! crunchy and tasty!

Old 06-07-2019, 12:26 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Or - has anyone purchased them in those tubs?

My primary desire is olives for my dirty vodka martini's. (Don't judge) I prefer blue cheese stuffed olives or pimento stuffed olives, but I'll take any green olive that tastes like they do from an olive bars in the grocery. The ones from the olive bars don't last more than a week or two in the fridge AND the $8.99/pound makes me a little crazy.

I like eating the kalamata's, so if anyone has suggestions for those, I'd be interested, too.
I have started buying a brand on line but it is very pricey so only do it once in awhile. I got an ad in the mail around Christmas last so I bought some of it on special for stocking stuffers Like I said it is super expensive and will only splurge maybe once every couple of months.The name of the company is: olioCarli

Old 06-07-2019, 01:50 PM

1,877 posts, read 678,004 times
Quote:
Dirty martinis - yes, many bars offer them. I don't know how they would taste in a 'regular' gin martini.
Oh, ok. Ive never seen blue cheese stuffed olives here (UK), just pimento or garlic stuffed olives. A dirty martini here is a martini with some olive brine and olives I think, but blue cheese might be an interesting one to try!

Old 06-07-2019, 02:34 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Check out a company called Filthy Food. I love their blue cheese stuffed olives and I also love all of their other products. You might not like the price, but the olives are delicious. One of my favorites, other than the blue cheese ones are the ones that are stuffed with a tiny dill pickle. The olives are big and fleshy - no oily taste or feeling.

For the kalamata olives, I buy a brand called Mezetta - they come in a glass jar.

Now those look GREAT! The price per bottle isn't that unreasonable. It's the shipping costs that make things ugly. I emailed them and asked if they were available retail anyplace in NC. Sadly, no.

But you hit the nail on the head, vrexy.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:44 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,001 times
Quote:
Now those look GREAT! The price per bottle isn't that unreasonable. It's the shipping costs that make things ugly. I emailed them and asked if they were available retail anyplace in NC. Sadly, no.

But you hit the nail on the head, vrexy.
I love them and am so glad you liked my suggestions. I just looked and they sell Filthy Olives on Amazon with free shipping if you have Amazon Prime. Maybe that would work for you.

Old 06-07-2019, 03:00 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
I love them and am so glad you liked my suggestions. I just looked and they sell Filthy Olives on Amazon with free shipping if you have Amazon Prime. Maybe that would work for you.

Yeah, I saw that on Amazon. Not exactly free shipping. The 8 ounce bottles are about $7 bucks from the company. Double that on Amazon Prime. (Not that I'm faulting Amazon. But I've found that bottled products are rarely a good price on Amazon. The shipping is too high for those things.)

Old 06-07-2019, 05:37 PM

1,877 posts, read 678,004 times
Might be a good idea to buy some good quality big Spanish queen olives then stuff them with blue cheese yourself.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:31 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:

Filthy Food is a great name. I want to buy something from them because of it.

Old 06-10-2019, 04:57 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Filthy Food is a great name. I want to buy something from them because of it.
I know!

Omg, I'm in love with this thread. I'll have to come back to post.

But, right off the bat, I agree with some other posters; if you like blue cheese-stuffed olives, you're better off doing it yourself. You can buy them that way, but I can never taste the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink