Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2013, 08:23 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times

Advertisements

I baked some bread last night, that was so amazing...Costco has a new bread mix, by Krusteaz, Ancient Grains. You mix it with a bottle of beer. I added a can of chilies, and cheddar cheese, the house smelled amazing, and the bread was delicious! Quick, easy, and made with beer...could anything be better? I did not mess it up.

Open package, add beer, bake....amazing homemade bread....

Why am I going on and on about this? Because bread making and me, just never worked...and here I conquered it. With some help...

And this is even healthy, wheat flour, spelt, aramanth, quinoa....

Buy this mix....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 03:16 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,769,264 times
Sounds yummy!! I don't belong to Costco though.........

Old 09-28-2013, 03:50 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times
They might have it at the regular store.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:30 PM

218 posts, read 544,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I baked some bread last night, that was so amazing...Costco has a new bread mix, by Krusteaz, Ancient Grains. You mix it with a bottle of beer. I added a can of chilies, and cheddar cheese, the house smelled amazing, and the bread was delicious! Quick, easy, and made with beer...could anything be better? I did not mess it up.

Open package, add beer, bake....amazing homemade bread....

Why am I going on and on about this? Because bread making and me, just never worked...and here I conquered it. With some help...

And this is even healthy, wheat flour, spelt, aramanth, quinoa....

Buy this mix....
Same here as far as bread making and me. Was even considering getting a bread machine but happened upon the Krusteaz Country Loaf mix. Are these bread mixes new by Krusteaz? Perhaps I just hadn't seen them before.

Anywho, your bread sounds great! Will try making mine tomorrow.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:32 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Question *

Does anyone have a store near them THAT SELLS CLEAR VALUE MAC AND CHEESE??

I am desperate for some SINCE THE STORE IN MY AREA STOPPED CARRYING IT

PLEASE SOMEONE LET ME KNOW....... I WANT TO TRY AND ORDER SOME!!

Thank you

Old 09-29-2013, 06:15 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,769,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
They might have it at the regular store.
I'll look for it - thanks!

Old 10-07-2013, 06:04 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,745,083 times
Default My grandma is 103 and a spring chicken

My Mima is 103 years old, that woman got on a plane and went from Jersery to Miami. We celebrated my parents 50th and she went back. Daughter is in Thailand and grandson is at liberty to take out Mima.

She has been to five different restrurants in as a one day on one day off. She loves Chinese, hates Mexican, loves peruvian and loves to eat diner food.

Grandson is taking Mima to all these ethic food places and Mima is loving it. She was the one that taught me how to cook and I am soooo damn happy to see her being this woman that is this independent at this age.

Btw we are Cuban and her grandson ( the one that takes her out) is a mix of American african and Cuban. he just happened to marry a Chinese girl from the homeland and now my 103 grandma is loving anything Asain.

She was the ONE that taught me to love cooking, my mom hated it.

My grandma was a looker and a firecracker in her age but she loved us and had her favs and I was one of them, she taught me all the essentials.

I would love to hear about your grandma and what she taught you food wise.

Sorry MODS
This be in food and drink. Although learning different recipes because of family intregration made me think of this first. Your choice.

I berth t

Old 10-08-2013, 06:53 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,613,896 times
I'd sure like to know what she thinks her longevity secret is?

Old 10-08-2013, 11:39 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,254,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Foot Three View Post
Eating whatever she pleases and avoiding the medical world with all its chemicals. Ask her. Bet she says pretty much that.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:45 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,745,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Foot Three View Post
She climbs three flights of stairs everyday multiple times a day, cooks her own food from scratch ( no processed food at all)
And she cooks with Lard and basically eats her heaviest meal midday with either soup or a latte with crackers for her evening meals.

Also she is very social and very active in her church and loves to go out and try new food experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink