Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2017, 05:24 PM

939 posts, read 788,580 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't mind having the older-recipe option available on quite a few food products that abandoned them...perhaps during the Valentine-July 4th.-Thanksgiving/Festivus times of year!

I've noticed for at least a couple of decades that M&M's and Hershey Kisses seem to be freshest when they came in Holiday-colored candy and/or wrappers, although way back then, it seemed that the 3.5(-ish) oz. packages were fresher than the larger non-holiday bags as well.

It finally got to the point that I would nuke the candy bar-sized M's for about ten seconds each side so they actually would 'melt in my mouth' , AND, long before I accidentally dozed, off as an extra bonus!

Since it was too time consuming to remove the individual wrappers on each HK I planned to devour in one sitting so I could nuke them ahead of time, I just bought the actual H bar, since they are/were fresher and fairly similar in taste.

I'd love to be able to magically compare today's Twinkies (and a whole bunch of other food stuffs)..with ones from the the past, each from the very day they were packaged, as I'm sure that not only is it possible the that the ingredients in the original recipe have changed, so possibly has the ingredients in the ingredients as well!

Last edited by noregon98; 05-24-2017 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 07:10 PM

622 posts, read 396,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noregon98 View Post
You should be tired, as that "new and improved" gimmick has slowly been picking up speed for at least several or so decades now.

N&I usually means its worse, rarely even the same, almost never better!
You're right. N&I is always worse.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:13 PM

622 posts, read 396,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes and its sad when they wont even admit it!!! -- For 1 year Mars told me they didnt change anything.. (Thats the cooperate policy I guess) -- Finally when they realised they werent going to lie to me they said "We are reviewing our marketing strategy...... That product is not available at this time"

And now 2 years later when I email them and NICELY ASK them to consider my request,they dont reply.........

In my opinion every companys marketing strategy is terrible......... They think they can walk all over people and its sad....
Ya it's not good business to ignore customers. They should have at least replied to you and maybe offer a discount coupon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes well it would be nice to find someone else that makes "M&Ms" for sure.....

Planters made a version of "M&Ms" for awhile that were made with reg milk.. They put them in thier NUT AND CHOCOLATE TRAIL MIX but they sadly became cheap and started using M&Ms (Mars)
M&Ms are my weakness. But they are so thin now all I can taste is the candy shell not the chocolate. I want fat M&Ms with lots of chocolate in them. I now buy the dark chocolate M&Ms as there is a little taste to those anyway.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:39 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Yea I hear ya......Its all very sad and depressing.....

Old 05-29-2017, 08:37 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Today I intend to pick my small crop of blueberries (they were there yesterday, thanks to the netting), and make some scones.

Old 06-02-2017, 05:06 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
So, I want to say that I use Dijon mustard in a few favorite recipes. I do not like it plain, because I think it tastes like poison, but my favorite chicken recipe uses a few tablespoons.
This being said, I want to go on record as saying I made the very best pork tenderloin ever with a TON of Dijon.
Marinade:
1/4 cup Dijon
1/4 cup honey
1T soy sauce
2cloves minced garlic
Fresh Rosemary and thyme
Salt and pepper

Chuck it into a ziplock bag for a few hours or a day. Place in a baking dish and pour marinade over. Bake at 400 for 30 mins or until done.

Old 06-02-2017, 05:15 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,648,319 times
I totally love Ranch Wings from Wal-Mart deli. OMG so good.

Old 06-04-2017, 05:11 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
I totally love Ranch Wings from Wal-Mart deli. OMG so good.
wow, I need to go to your Wal-Mart, ours has the worst. I keep trying, but they don't get any better. They are so salty and for me to say something is salty it has to be loaded cause I am the salt champ of the country I think. I do not cook with a lot of salt but sure use it on my food.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:22 AM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times
I was on the phone workwise, SO kept calling in so I answered on the sly. Basmati 1$ per pound! Sure! He brought a 40 pound bag for a two people household. Basmati anyone?

Old 06-10-2017, 10:54 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
I was on the phone workwise, SO kept calling in so I answered on the sly. Basmati 1$ per pound! Sure! He brought a 40 pound bag for a two people household. Basmati anyone?
Time to learn how to make puffed rice! 😊
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink