Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 01:04 PM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,182 posts, read 13,469,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Well, that sounds fairly disgusting. I think I'll pass. No good for my heart anyway.

Why would anyone want fried chicken in a doughnut.

Old 02-21-2020, 01:30 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,035,149 times
Hmm, sometimes it's interesting to try and figure out how many layers of salt/fat/sugar and particular food may have. Most fast food is heavily laden if not almost entirely in this salt/fat/sugar group.

Take a piece of chicken, roll it in flour which is no doubt mixed with salt and sugar, then dump it in oil (fat). Maybe even dip it in a batter of some sort with more sugar/salt/fat and then roll it in the salt/sugar added flour. That will increase the volume while using lower cost items (flour is cheaper than chicken). So, assuming the chicken in batter then flour then frying, you've got 3 sugar, 3 salt and 2 fats just for the chicken. It can be dusted with a sugar/salt mixture once it's fried, too, which would increase that to 4 sugar, 4 salt and 2 fats for the chicken.

Doughnut mix can be a huge amount of sugar in the mix. That should count as three or four hits of sugar. Oil in the mix so some fat, toss in salt as well. Guess we can start with 4 sugar, 1 salt, and 2 fats (oil in the mix, fried in oil) for the doughnut. Add the two together and you've got 8 sugar, 5 salt and 4 fats.

Yeah, that's gonna be tasty alright. Not the least bit healthy, but it aught to assault the taste buds pretty spot on.

Old 02-21-2020, 01:53 PM

127 posts, read 61,479 times
Yikes! I got thirsty just looking at that thing! That's one big sodium and sugar bomb. I wouldn't buy one but I would take a bite of someone else's out of curiosity.

Old 02-21-2020, 01:56 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Hmm, sometimes it's interesting to try and figure out how many layers of salt/fat/sugar and particular food may have. Most fast food is heavily laden if not almost entirely in this salt/fat/sugar group.

Take a piece of chicken, roll it in flour which is no doubt mixed with salt and sugar, then dump it in oil (fat). Maybe even dip it in a batter of some sort with more sugar/salt/fat and then roll it in the salt/sugar added flour. That will increase the volume while using lower cost items (flour is cheaper than chicken). So, assuming the chicken in batter then flour then frying, you've got 3 sugar, 3 salt and 2 fats just for the chicken. It can be dusted with a sugar/salt mixture once it's fried, too, which would increase that to 4 sugar, 4 salt and 2 fats for the chicken.

Doughnut mix can be a huge amount of sugar in the mix. That should count as three or four hits of sugar. Oil in the mix so some fat, toss in salt as well. Guess we can start with 4 sugar, 1 salt, and 2 fats (oil in the mix, fried in oil) for the doughnut. Add the two together and you've got 8 sugar, 5 salt and 4 fats.

Yeah, that's gonna be tasty alright. Not the least bit healthy, but it aught to assault the taste buds pretty spot on.
I'll just get KFC's, FLG "Fillup", $5 for a breast, biscuit, mashed potatoes, gravy, a cookie and a drink.
That will, I guess be 3 sugar, 3 salt and 2 fats for the chicken, don't know about the biscuit and gravy and cookie and drink. I can hardly wait. It sure sounds better than Broccoli.

Old 02-21-2020, 01:58 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
That sounds disgusting.

Old 02-21-2020, 02:13 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
One day all these obese people will come together and all sue fast food places like McD, KFC, Taco Bells, etc. They keep coming up with these concoctions that aren't healthy at all and no food warning labels. For certain people they shouldn't even touch a doughnut or fried chicken until they're healthy eat foods that are loaded with salt, sugar, inflammatory oils, and no nutritional value carbs.

Old 02-21-2020, 02:51 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,018,615 times
KFC's chicken sandwich isn't that good tasting, about on a par with McDonalds. Popeye's is the best, IMO, though I wouldn't kill anybody for one.

Old 02-21-2020, 03:09 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
This is a thing I do not need to eat. I’ll pass.

Old 02-21-2020, 03:51 PM

928 posts, read 970,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
This trash is available because Americans like to eat trash! Just look at all the fast food places trying to outdo each other with calorie dense stuff like triple bacon cheese burgers etc. People are buying this stuff!

Old 02-21-2020, 04:39 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,578,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrider62 View Post
This trash is available because Americans like to eat trash! Just look at all the fast food places trying to outdo each other with calorie dense stuff like triple bacon cheese burgers etc. People are buying this stuff!
You know there are McDonalds and KFCs all over the world right? Full of locals ordering cheeseburgers, fried chicken, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
One day all these obese people will come together and all sue fast food places like McD, KFC, Taco Bells, etc. They keep coming up with these concoctions that aren't healthy at all and no food warning labels. For certain people they shouldn't even touch a doughnut or fried chicken until they're healthy eat foods that are loaded with salt, sugar, inflammatory oils, and no nutritional value carbs.
Oh come on, you think someone is ordering a triple cheeseburger and thinking it's healthy? Anyone can find exact nutrition information for any item on any fast food menu, USA is very strongly regulated in this regard.

Someone who is obese and orders a fried chicken donut sandwich is not doing so because they are unaware it isn't healthy, they are doing it because they lack self-control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink