Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 05:35 PM

4,694 posts, read 3,473,160 times

Advertisements

I have never ordered but I was tempted last year. I think I just might this year and can them.

Actually we have The Peach Brothers that visit our area. Seems the same but a different company. https://www.thepeachbrothers.com/

Old 05-24-2021, 05:46 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
I looked into ordering when their ads started showing up on FB every day. I checked out the reviews. Although I saw no complaints about the flavor or quality, more than one person commented on how much smaller the peaches were than they expected.

I'll wait for the local crop to hit the grocery store. Peaches are plentiful in GA.

Old 05-24-2021, 06:11 PM

23,601 posts, read 70,425,146 times
IIRC, when we inquired at the local grower/roadside stand we were told that there are two distinct crops, and the early crop can be sweeter. The window for getting the peaches at peak is quite small.

Yes, peaches in the south are much better than store peaches sold up north. However, the maple syrup from local trees is nothing to write home about.

Which reminds me of eating Valencia oranges while mowing in Florida, picking them right off the tree. OMG good.

Old 05-24-2021, 06:25 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,297,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Has anyone here on City Data ever ordered from the Peach Truck, specifically during their annual tour? If you have, how was the quality and were they well-worth the price?

I'm thinking of splurging and ordering a case of peaches to pick up when the truck is in my area to tide me over until the local season is in full swing.
I've seen the ad and wondered about them too.
But since we'll be headed up to Raleigh this weekend, we'll probably find some along the way.
Best peaches I ever had were sold by the bagful by an old man going thru a brewery in Asheville. Brewery owner told us that the guy makes a fortune. They were worth every penny.
Report back and let us know if you go for it.

Old 05-24-2021, 06:29 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Just what the name implies.

I can't seem to post a link to the company's website, but in short, it's a company out of Nashville that does an annual tour of eleven or so states delivering peaches by the case as well as local-to-them places and home delivery. We have good peaches here in Western PA, of course, but the ones that I remember eating as a kid during childhood summers spent down south still linger in my food memories. I'm hoping that someone might have had The Peach Truck's peaches to let me know if they're delicious enough to go through with ordering a case to enjoy.

One of the delivery stops is very close to my house and another is close to my partner's, so I wouldn't be going out of my way to pick them up should I decide to order a case.
Yinz already get Greensburg peaches, what more do you want?

Old 05-24-2021, 08:50 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Here is the link to the Peach Truck:https://thepeachtruck.com

Old 05-25-2021, 04:13 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,605,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyeaux View Post
I've seen the ad and wondered about them too.
But since we'll be headed up to Raleigh this weekend, we'll probably find some along the way.
Best peaches I ever had were sold by the bagful by an old man going thru a brewery in Asheville. Brewery owner told us that the guy makes a fortune. They were worth every penny.
Report back and let us know if you go for it.
Much too early for good NC peaches. They won't be really tasty until mid-late June, and the early varieties are not freestones. This weekend is still deep in strawberry season. I'd spend my money getting flats of berries instead right now.

Peach orchards are planted so that there's a variety that ripen at different lengths of growing time. The best peach variety I've ever eaten comes in around the 4th of July in NC, give or take a few days, and is called Windblow -- tastes like the peachiest peach of your sweetest imagination.

Old 05-25-2021, 05:34 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,562,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Yinz already get Greensburg peaches, what more do you want?
Lol. That we do! We also get some fantastic peaches from Hopewell (McConnell's) and from Wexford (Shenot)--both of which are closer to me than Greensburg. The idea of starting peach season in my house a bit early and with a taste of my childhood summers is so tempting, though. Millions of peaches, peaches for me; millions of peaches, even if they're not free!

If I end up ordering, those peaches won't last long as I love fruit of any kind. I don't care if they're not large as that's just a good reason to eat two....or three in a sitting as I do clementines.

I think that I've made my decision, so I *am* going to go ahead and order a case. I'll be back with an update in July once I've picked up and sampled my case with a full report! (The Peach Truck will arrive in our area in early July.)

Thanks to those of you who chimed in on this topic.

Old 05-25-2021, 05:39 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,562,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
Much too early for good NC peaches. They won't be really tasty until mid-late June, and the early varieties are not freestones. This weekend is still deep in strawberry season. I'd spend my money getting flats of berries instead right now.

Peach orchards are planted so that there's a variety that ripen at different lengths of growing time. The best peach variety I've ever eaten comes in around the 4th of July in NC, give or take a few days, and is called Windblow -- tastes like the peachiest peach of your sweetest imagination.
Those just might have been the peaches that I remember from those childhood summers as we there from June 'til late July/early August as my family had a place on Harker's Island, N.C.

I also remember picking and eating wild blackberries by the fistful on the island, which is another favorite "food memory" of mine.

Old 05-25-2021, 11:11 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,287,859 times
There is a school bus that runs from Mississippi to Chicago that sells watermelons. I cannot see much difference between these and buying one at a supermarket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink