Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 09:41 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,687,228 times

Advertisements

[quote=breeze823;4615937
Also, Taco flavored Doritos, the original, not "taco bell" flavor and not the ones mixed in the bag with another flavor, yuck!

[/quote]

I am actually such a dork I stared an online petition years ago to bring back not only the taco Doritios you mentioned, but the original plain Doritios and the original Nacho Cheese. I hated it when they came out with Nacho Cheesier as they had way too much powder on it. I think of them as the new Coke of Doritios and have not liked them since than. Speaking of nacho cheese, I wish they would bring back the original Nacho Cheese Tostados. Those were awesome.

I also would love them to bring back Vanilla Cookie Crisp cereal.

And finally, Nehi soda. I loved that stuff!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 11:50 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,847,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
My grandmother made the BEST dumplings!!
The skin my mother let form on the top of cooling chocolate pudding because I loved to eat it.
Devil Dogs, a back-east clump of delicious calories. Mary Jane candies.
My mother's Sunday morning bisquick biscuits.
Real sukiyaki.
Grilled toro the way my little neighborhood sushi-ya in Tokyo made it.
The secret ponzu at a little ryokan in the mountains of Nagano-ken; and they liked me so they told me the recipe.
Typical Japanese breakfast of a bowl of hot rice, a raw egg broken into the rice, a dash of soy sauce, mix it up with chopsticks, and start gathering a bit into a strip of nori seaweed. Oh be still my heart...
Toro used to be used for cat food. Combine that bit of trivia with your user name and that's just hilarious.
Sashimi, Sushi - Tako, Toro, Tuna, Uni, Yellowtail

Old 07-28-2008, 12:08 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,364,773 times
I like sukiyaki... yum.

Birdseye brand used to make a frozen "peas in cream sauce" that was really good. I can't find it anymore.

Also, there was a grocery store chain brand in our area, (yummy brand) that had soda that was "black cherry" flavor. NOT cherry coke - black cherry. LOVE black cherry soda. IBC is the only brand I have found that makes it, and it's good, but a lot more money than this stuff was.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:11 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,691,617 times
Another item that seems to have vanished from the market shelves is the Dixie Lily brand of yellow rice? Has anyone seen that lately?

Old 07-28-2008, 01:11 PM

68,348 posts, read 54,477,544 times
When I was a young boy my family would vacation in a small town on the NJ shore that was so peaceful cars were removed from the town and the entrance chained on Sundays. We'd walk to a store that had a giant clam shell in a display case outside, must've been a 3 foot wide shell Inside they'd take a rock solid pint of ice cream, the flavor of your choice, and slice it right down the middle, they had cake cones shaped to hold the resulting rectangular piece of ice cream. A sunny day, an ocean breeze, Mom & Dad to ward off all the evils of the world, and vanilla, chocolate, & strawberry ice cream dripping down your chin, it just doesn't get any better than that

Old 07-28-2008, 07:29 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,886,127 times
Back in the day, weaver batter-dipped chicken was a favorite of mine.

Modern day, i really wish Godiva would bring back their ice cream. I miss the white chocolate raspberry and the milk chocolate. Target used to have it for a great price too. Oh well.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:32 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,742,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
I am actually such a dork I stared an online petition years ago to bring back not only the taco Doritios you mentioned, but the original plain Doritios and the original Nacho Cheese. I hated it when they came out with Nacho Cheesier as they had way too much powder on it. I think of them as the new Coke of Doritios and have not liked them since than. Speaking of nacho cheese, I wish they would bring back the original Nacho Cheese Tostados. Those were awesome.

I also would love them to bring back Vanilla Cookie Crisp cereal.

And finally, Nehi soda. I loved that stuff!
NO, you are NOT a dork, you are the coolest! I take it the petition didn't go far though?

Old 07-28-2008, 07:35 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,626,696 times
Good Humor man and his coconut ice cream bars and fruit filled popsicles. Also jello frozen pops.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:46 PM

424 posts, read 1,677,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Modern day, i really wish Godiva would bring back their ice cream. I miss the white chocolate raspberry and the milk chocolate....
I liked their ice cream, too, but although it was good, I could eat very little of it before the richness and sweetness got to me. I especially liked the white chocolate raspberry combination.

They contracted for the production of their ice cream. I believe they got caught up in the whole Dreyer's/Edy's acquisition by Nestle years ago. As part of that sale, Nestle had to divest themselves of the Dreamery product line, and the unit that made that also made the Godiva line of flavors. I don't think there were any takers for Dreamery. As a result, to continue production and distribution of the Godiva line, the owners of that trademark (Campbell Soup Company) were not satisfied with the effects new production and distribution arrangements would have on the quality and image of their product, so they just folded it. I don't know it the sales figures were high enough to justify keeping the line going, but the turmoil caused by the ownership change of Dreyer's/Edy's surely did not help. On a side not they HAVE held out hopes for eventual reintroduction of Godiva ice cream.

Last edited by buckhead; 07-28-2008 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: Edited to correct clumsiness of typing

Old 07-28-2008, 07:59 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,886,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhead View Post
I liked their ice cream, too, but although it was good, I could eat very little of it before the richness and sweetness got to me. I especially liked the white chocolate raspberry combination.

They contracted for the production of their ice cream. I believe they got caught up in the whole Dreyer's/Edy's acquisition by Nestle years ago. As part of that sale, Nestle had to divest themselves of the Dreamery product line, and the unit that made that also made the Godiva line of flavors. I don't think there were any takers for Dreamery. As a result, to continue production and distribution of the Godiva line, the owners of that trademark (Campbell Soup Company) were not satisfied with the effects new production and distribution arrangements would have on the quality and image of their product, so they just folded it. I don't know it the sales figures were high enough to justify keeping the line going, but the turmoil caused by the ownership change of Dreyer's/Edy's surely did not help. On a side not they HAVE held out hopes for eventual reintroduction of Godiva ice cream.
Yeah, the whole thing was a mess. I know coolbrands was distributing Dreamery for a little while(and the quality was horrible).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink