Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 10:43 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,711,313 times

Advertisements

we choose to eat fast food b/c we're tired and don't want to cook, the "chef" (me) is sick, and/or we want something fast.

we eat less (wait, I don't know that we do) but if we do it's because of $$

Fast food is expensive if you're only talking about places like mcdonalds, etc. If you're also talking about being able to walk into costco and eat @ their food court or grab a roasted chicken and some baked potatoes from Wendy's then it's cheaper.

New menus would bring in more people. I'm tired of McDonald's, Wendy's etc. Same dish, different place - burgers, chicken sandwiches, salads and fries. That's what I like most about Boston Market, a nice variety of better foods.

I love take away, but we rarely get it. We have 2 adults, a growing teen boy and 2 little girls. It's too expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 11:48 AM

2,542 posts, read 6,916,078 times
I don't eat fast food too much, because I'm a vegetarian. However, I did fall into the BK veggie burger trap!

1. When I do eat fast food, its usually with my kids (I know, bad) because I need a break. I want to break up the day, or I'm at my wits end and want something quick. I'm also a bit of an addictive person. I first started going to BK last Spring, when I was trying to finish school with an infant, a four year old, and a husband working in another state. I found I could go there, not have to worry about making dinner (or clean up), my baby would sleep, my son would play (and hence wear himself out before bedtime) and I could read my homework. This carried over once the semester was over and we moved to where my husband was working. He still traveled a lot, so I was alone with the kids a lot. So, once a week or so, the kids and I would have lunch there--it gave me a break from the 24/7.

Now, the other big fast food we eat is pizza. Why? Because my husband and I love pizza and it is definitely a comfort food for us. We get take out pizza about once a month. I go to BK 1-2 times a month now.

2. We don't eat it more often because A)Not a lot of choices for veggies; B)most of it is fattening and the ones that are advertising as not, don't have good choices on bread or cheese (all processed); and C)It gets expensive--its cheaper to make comfort, convenience foods at home. I go to BK because it is comfort food for me. I don't go to often to Subway, because the bread isn't healthy and it use to not have much for a vegetarian (the veggie selection has gotten a lot better--I get spinach, not iceberg, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc.). I know, I'm saying that the bread at Subway isn't healthy, yet I go to BK. I guess my little head figures if you are going to eat bad, go all the way...

3. Its not expensive, but it can be for a family if they eat it all the time.

4. I really don't know. I think they are going in the right direction with offering options that haven't been traditionally thought of fast food.

5. No, but I do love Indian food! If I lived in an area with Indian food take out, I would probably do it!

Old 08-17-2008, 12:40 PM

13 posts, read 42,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
we choose to eat fast food b/c we're tired and don't want to cook, the "chef" (me) is sick, and/or we want something fast.

we eat less (wait, I don't know that we do) but if we do it's because of $$

Fast food is expensive if you're only talking about places like mcdonalds, etc. If you're also talking about being able to walk into costco and eat @ their food court or grab a roasted chicken and some baked potatoes from Wendy's then it's cheaper.

New menus would bring in more people. I'm tired of McDonald's, Wendy's etc. Same dish, different place - burgers, chicken sandwiches, salads and fries. That's what I like most about Boston Market, a nice variety of better foods.

I love take away, but we rarely get it. We have 2 adults, a growing teen boy and 2 little girls. It's too expensive.
Thanx very Much for the usefull information, and thanx for your time given on this topic regarding my dessertation Really appreciated many thanx

Old 08-17-2008, 12:46 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,432,150 times
1.What are the reasons why people chose to eat fast food ?
- It's fast and convenient.

2. What are the reasons that people eat less fast food now?
- I didn't know people were eating it less. I imagine the rotten economy has people eating at home more often.

3. Do u think that fast food is expensive?
- No.

4. What changes u think can be done that people would consume more fast food?
- I wouldn't want to give them anymore ideas, as I think fast food is largely a horrible thing.

5. Do u like take away, Chinese take away, or Indian take way ?
- I do like take away. I like both Chinese and Indian food.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyme4878 View Post
I don't eat fast food too much, because I'm a vegetarian. However, I did fall into the BK veggie burger trap!

1. When I do eat fast food, its usually with my kids (I know, bad) because I need a break. I want to break up the day, or I'm at my wits end and want something quick. I'm also a bit of an addictive person. I first started going to BK last Spring, when I was trying to finish school with an infant, a four year old, and a husband working in another state. I found I could go there, not have to worry about making dinner (or clean up), my baby would sleep, my son would play (and hence wear himself out before bedtime) and I could read my homework. This carried over once the semester was over and we moved to where my husband was working. He still traveled a lot, so I was alone with the kids a lot. So, once a week or so, the kids and I would have lunch there--it gave me a break from the 24/7.

Now, the other big fast food we eat is pizza. Why? Because my husband and I love pizza and it is definitely a comfort food for us. We get take out pizza about once a month. I go to BK 1-2 times a month now.

2. We don't eat it more often because A)Not a lot of choices for veggies; B)most of it is fattening and the ones that are advertising as not, don't have good choices on bread or cheese (all processed); and C)It gets expensive--its cheaper to make comfort, convenience foods at home. I go to BK because it is comfort food for me. I don't go to often to Subway, because the bread isn't healthy and it use to not have much for a vegetarian (the veggie selection has gotten a lot better--I get spinach, not iceberg, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc.). I know, I'm saying that the bread at Subway isn't healthy, yet I go to BK. I guess my little head figures if you are going to eat bad, go all the way...

3. Its not expensive, but it can be for a family if they eat it all the time.

4. I really don't know. I think they are going in the right direction with offering options that haven't been traditionally thought of fast food.

5. No, but I do love Indian food! If I lived in an area with Indian food take out, I would probably do it!
And same thanx goes for you I really appreciate your efforts, and your time that you have spend here giving me such usefull information for my dessertation Many thanx take care

Old 08-17-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post
- It's fast and convenient.

2. What are the reasons that people eat less fast food now?
- I didn't know people were eating it less. I imagine the rotten economy has people eating at home more often.

3. Do u think that fast food is expensive?
- No.

4. What changes u think can be done that people would consume more fast food?
- I wouldn't want to give them anymore ideas, as I think fast food is largely a horrible thing.

- I do like take away. I like both Chinese and Indian food.
Thanx very much for the usefull information , Really appreciated

Old 08-17-2008, 08:20 PM

521 posts, read 1,629,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast-food View Post
Thanx evry1 for their Comments

2.what are the reasons that people eat less fast food now ?
3. Do u think that fast food is expensive ?
4.what changes u think can be done that people would consume more fast food ?

Cheers ...................
1. Because of convenience
2. Because people are realizing that it is fatening.
3. No.
4. Make food that is lower in fat, and changing up the menu
5. Yes. Chinese takeaway is good. Indian - puke.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:43 PM
RHB

1,098 posts, read 2,151,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast-food View Post
Thanx evry1 for their Comments

2.what are the reasons that people eat less fast food now ?
3. Do u think that fast food is expensive ?
4.what changes u think can be done that people would consume more fast food ?

Cheers ...................
1. The only time we do is when we are traveling, so we can get back on the road. We will do an occ. KFC if we are running late, and don't have time to cook.
2.I'm not sure they are, with all the dollar menus and items.
3. yes, I can make a salad, or burger much much cheaper...even cheaper than $1
4. no clue - but having better customer service (friendlier people, I don't know, but the last time I went it the service was just so bad, and the people didn't care)
5. I don't do take away - unless you count the occ. KFC as take away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink