Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 06:25 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,716,945 times

Advertisements

From my hometown area again (Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA): Preno's in Scranton, VicMar's Seafood in Edwardsville, Hottles in W-B and Grico's in Kingston.

From the Ocean City, NJ area: Charlies in Somers Point, Angelo's Fairmount Tavern in Atlantic City, and Brown's Donuts on the OC boardwalk near 1st Street (if they're still there.)

Tampa Bay area? Almost everything is a chain around here. However, I do like Kobe's Japanese Steakhouse and The Melting Pot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 07:12 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,881,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glastron_79 View Post
From my hometown area again (Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA): Preno's in Scranton, VicMar's Seafood in Edwardsville, Hottles in W-B and Grico's in Kingston.

From the Ocean City, NJ area: Charlies in Somers Point, Angelo's Fairmount Tavern in Atlantic City, and Brown's Donuts on the OC boardwalk near 1st Street (if they're still there.)

Tampa Bay area? Almost everything is a chain around here. However, I do like Kobe's Japanese Steakhouse and The Melting Pot.
If you get to OC NJ can you send me some Johnson's Caramel Corn Pretty Please???

Old 09-09-2008, 07:16 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,197,249 times
One restaurant I have fond memories of is the Salem Cross Inn in central Massachusetts. Went there for a dinner with a convention group over 10 years ago, and really enjoyed it. They serve traditional American food, and had a real good apple pie. The experience is especially nice during the beautiful New England fall season.

The Salem Cross Inn

Old 09-09-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glastron_79 View Post

Hey, neighbor. I've been wanting to try Melting Pot, gotta get a sitter one night!

I see you're also familiar with AC. Do you remember a bar/restaurant named Tulls? I think it was on Black Horse Pike. We had a GREAT steak dinner there about 20 yrs. ago.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:55 PM

Need to add another. It's Dominick's, which is on Arthur Avenue in the Bronx. Family style Italian food, you wind up sitting with complete strangers in a room like an Italian basement - it's a blast!

No reservations, no menus, no credit cards, no check (I don't know if any of these policies have changed since I've been there last). The servers just tell you what they're serving that night and Charlie, the owner, tells them your total when you're done. One place I'll definitely have to hit whenever we get back to NY to visit family & friends!

Their antipasto salad is to die for! Nothing special, just basic, but DEE-LISH-OUS!

Old 09-10-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
If you get to OC NJ can you send me some Johnson's Caramel Corn Pretty Please???
Of course! I'll even throw in some chocolate dice!

Old 09-10-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
Hey, neighbor. I've been wanting to try Melting Pot, gotta get a sitter one night!

I see you're also familiar with AC. Do you remember a bar/restaurant named Tulls? I think it was on Black Horse Pike. We had a GREAT steak dinner there about 20 yrs. ago.
You must try Melting Pot and do find a sitter. It'll be a long dining experience, but a fun one!

Tulls doesn't ring a bell with me. I Googled it and couldn't find much other than it may have closed down some time ago.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:10 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,952,446 times
The Woodlands in Blowing Rock NC for BBQ

San Chez in Grand Rapids MI for Spanish tapas

Duo in Denver CO for fresh in season American fare

Old 09-11-2008, 11:42 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,956,678 times
Used to be a restaurant in Virginia (Norfolk or Virginia Beach) called the Great Steak. You pick your steak from a refigerator based on weight. Then they have a large grill set up in a different room with "stations." Each "station" had salt, pepper, garlic powder, and other stuff, and you grill the steak yourself to your desired doneness and flavor.

I heard it's not there anymore, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink