Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 08:32 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,770,897 times

Advertisements

I know it should not matter, but I can't help but feel miffed if someone accepts an invitation to dine out, let's say for pizza, and they only eat the cheese because they are dietting!@! or they order hot wings and leave most of the meat on the bone!
Duh, why did they accept the invitation if they were going to ditch half the food?

Or they constantly demand what I feel is excessive service (this is too cold, this is not cooked enough, this tastes burnt, I need more ice, there's too much ice, can you substitute potatoes anna for the fries, can I have extra hollandaise sauce ...in a cup.. on the side.. reheated.. to go, ad nauseum ad infinitum).

I am not a pushover but there are limits!

AREN'T there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 08:41 PM

513 posts, read 799,743 times
Yes, I'm not really bothered by the whole "not eating enough food " thing. But people who are constant complainers and rude to servers I can't stand. I used to be a waitress and there are some people who no matter what you do, they won't be happy. Most of the time they are just looking for comped food or anything free basically.

I can't stand people who ask a million questions. Like go to a corner bar and ask if their food is made with GMOs or what type of cattle is used for the burger. Seriously? If you want that stuff go to that type of restaurant, not the bar down the street.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:19 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Wow...I don't really pay attention to the kinds of things you are talking about. I was thinking of chewing with an open mouth or smacking one's lips; generally eating like a pig or other unappetizing behavior. Leaving meat on the bone? Meh...up to them. Who cares?

Old 05-01-2014, 09:56 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,519,129 times
This thread is for those who "enjoy" kvetching. Try enjoying "your" life.

Old 05-02-2014, 04:45 AM

709 posts, read 955,775 times
Dining with poor tippers. Not really an eating behavior, but just as bad as constant complainers, IMO.

Old 05-02-2014, 06:50 AM

9,727 posts, read 14,271,125 times
Buffet Lines -
People who pick, chew, and chomp their way through the buffet line. So sickening seeing those people walking to their tables chewing like cows. How ignorant!

Old 05-02-2014, 09:24 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,052,864 times
People chewing and/or talking with food in their mouth. I will not eat with them again. It makes me almost puke having to watch that. Oh and men with facial hair who get food in the hair and don't even seen to know it. So gross.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:58 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,566,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
People chewing and/or talking with food in their mouth. I will not eat with them again. It makes me almost puke having to watch that. Oh and men with facial hair who get food in the hair and don't even seen to know it. So gross.

People who chew with food in their mouth? Yea I hate that.
They should grind it in their gizzards like birds do.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:27 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,886,067 times
My mom is one of those complainers. She eats at McDonalds twice a day and always sends back either her burger or her coffee because she decides something's wrong with it. She says the coffee at the McDonalds by my house tastes totally different than the one by her house...I'm sure that's because no one has spit in it because she doesn't go to the one over here often enough to totally irritate them.

As far as someone only eating the cheese, or not eating much of the meat off the chicken bone, that's probably more that they're willing to go to a restaurant they don't usually go to or eat something they don't usually eat, just to have the pleasure of your company during the meal. So take it as a compliment, don't be offended by it. And next time let them pick the restaurant. Most people who are dieting will have one or two places they know they can eat at.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:13 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times
We were having dinner at another couple's house. The wife called us to the table, and we sat down while the wife finished placing the food on the table. Her husband began filling his plate and eating before she sat down. Rude.

I saw the same guy stuff almost a whole pancake into his mouth at once.

If we hadn't moved, we would have had to break up with these people, because he's so crass and she's has her issues too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink