Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 01:39 PM

20 posts, read 54,654 times

Advertisements

is anyone else obsessed with the food network?? what are your favorite hosts and recipes?

my only problem is that i have have to eat a bowl of cereal while i watch b/c i get so hungry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 01:42 PM

143 posts, read 174,584 times
Oh yeah, I love the food network...My favorites are 30 minute meals & Everyday Italian...It does make me hungry though.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:46 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Default I have watched the Food Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by patunia05 View Post
is anyone else obsessed with the food network?? what are your favorite hosts and recipes?

my only problem is that i have have to eat a bowl of cereal while i watch b/c i get so hungry
I watched for a while--best thing on TV--(and the HGTV home renovation shows--landscaping, etc).

In a cooking forum we had a few lols about the personalities. All in good fun--respect their culinary expertise but LOL--they have their quirks.

--Ray Ray and her EVOO
--Gianna and all things Italian--I know she never eats.
--Paul and her butter
--Emeril--BAM!
--Sandara/Semi Homemade--I will let someone else comment
--Mario and the grill
--The Chef Challenges--can't even think of that shows name now

I wish that had been a career option when I was choosing. Hard/crazy type of work but I like to be around food.

sls

Old 02-06-2007, 01:52 PM

143 posts, read 174,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhs119 View Post
I watched for a while--best thing on TV--(and the HGTV home renovation shows--landscaping, etc).

In a cooking forum we had a few lols about the personalities. All in good fun--respect their culinary expertise but LOL--they have their quirks.

--Ray Ray and her EVOO
--Gianna and all things Italian--I know she never eats.
--Paul and her butter
--Emeril--BAM!
--Sandara/Semi Homemade--I will let someone else comment
--Mario and the grill
--The Chef Challenges--can't even think of that shows name now

I wish that had been a career option when I was choosing. Hard/crazy type of work but I like to be around food.

sls
Ha Ha EVOO...I love that...she is a dork, but she is real. I recently heard that EVOO is now in the abreviation dictionary or whatever as a recognized abreviation.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:05 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,655,275 times
DORK! ROFL you have her pegged! We watch something on there everyday. My lil one loves Emeril. He says "yeah baby!" Of course we taped the one w/Elmo and Aaron Nevill . How about Anthony Bourdain (sp?) He's just looks like he would pull a big fatty out of his pocket and light it up lol And that late night guy/scientist/factoid person? I have learned some crazy stuff on his show. Funny thing is, I don't cook lol Great thread!

Old 02-06-2007, 02:19 PM

77 posts, read 320,086 times
Giada is gorgeous!

But I can't stand her overpronunciation of words - "Mote-za-DELL-la"...drives me crazy!

Old 02-06-2007, 02:28 PM

20 posts, read 54,654 times
alton brown is that science guy and i think every guy i have come across just loves him. i would rather watch paula, barefoot contessa, or sandra lee. I heard that rachel ray was a b**** in person.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:52 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Default Ray Ray

If she has moved up in the communications/sales industry--she is 'Driven'--maybe a 'B'?

I watched her--enjoyed her skill with the knife--learned her Method as she advised and enjoyed her $40 a day visits. If the world was fair--I would have a job like that--$40 a day--travelling to different cities and tasting food.

I don't feel the need to watch her talk show. Know all I want/need about Rachel. and Emeril, Paula and Giada --all the rest.

I would like to try their food--always looks good. I am certainly not going to buy a ticket to anyone's show to get a sample. LOL.

sls

Old 02-06-2007, 03:03 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
How about Anthony Bourdain (sp?) He's just looks like he would pull a big fatty out of his pocket and light it up lol
I don't think you are too far off the mark.
I've read (no, devoured) two of his books, Kitchen Confidential and A Cook's Tour.
He's a party animal.
I don't watch his show that much because I just don't watch much TV, but when I've seen it, I've enjoyed it. I like the guy.
My husband puts on Chef Curtis a lot, the one where the Aussie chef trolls tony Whole Foods type markets, picks up a chick, then cooks dinner for her and her man, surprising the significant other when he arrives home.
Just once I'd like him to pick up a guy and surprise the female SO when she comes home from a hard day at work.
Some of his recipes do look good, though.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:02 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
Love the food network! My favs are Paula, Dave Lieberman, and some of Guy's Big Bites are good also. I honestly had to stop watching daily because I would get so hungry that I would immediately get in the kitchen and start making something (and most of the time it was not fat free).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink