Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Bottled Water? Yes? No? Maybe?
I never ever drink any bottled water. 3 5.45%
I very rarely drink bottled water, as when NOTHING else is to be had. 29 52.73%
I drink it on a regular basis. 10 18.18%
I drink it ALL the time and almost always I avoid tap water. 8 14.55%
Other - please elaborate. 4 7.27%
No opinion or don't care. 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 11:09 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times

Advertisements

I rarely ever drink bottle water.
- It costs 1900 times what tap water costs.
- It often is just city water that is bottled and sold in cleverly designed packaging.
- It is NOT free of contaminants: Bottled water has contaminants too. - The Denver Post

Please vote.

Thank you.

s/Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 11:18 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,493,158 times
i just feel like i would be taking a chance when drinking tap. i do buy the filters for tap water though--so i will drink tap if it's gone through a filter

Old 10-15-2008, 11:20 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
I keep a case of bottled water in the trunk of my car. I grab it on the go. I try my best to keep hydrated and if I am in a rush, forget a water bottle, or when my kids are thirsty, I grab a bottle! It is healthy and I am not grabbing empty calories to down or buying a drink here or there to satisfy my thirst... It is great for the oops when I forget the kids water bottle for Karate or mine for the gym... or when I forget to put the kids juice box in their backpack for school... I use them when I need them... and I replenish my stash regularly....

Old 10-15-2008, 12:41 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times
Tap water drinker here. I guess I like to live on the wild side, no filters either. I do occasionally buy bottled to take on fishing/sports outings things like that. I really need to buy some refillable sports bottles, kids lost all of the ones I had. I don't buy alot of it though because the kids get into it and I find half drunk bottles all over the house, car etc...waste of money most of the time.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:48 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,945,470 times
I drink tap water at home, and fill up a Nalgene to take to work with me. I only drink bottled water if we get it for free through my BF's work.

I won't drink out of drinking fountains at school though! GROSS!

Old 10-15-2008, 01:47 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,619,729 times
I drink the water straight from the ground, no softeners, no filters.(live on a farm) Best water I've ever had. "Town" water is plain nasty. Bottled water, wish I'd have thought of it.......I'd be on a beach drink'n an umbrella drink right now.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:30 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,434,621 times
Huh....I am a person with the "I don't have an opinion" kind of attitude....LOL.
I only drink water, if I absolutely have to, and when I do, I don't care what kind of water it may be. (I know, I am somewhat foolish....huh)

And, then there is my husband.......
He grew up on fresh mountain spring water in Pennsylvania.
No bottled water (he tastes the plastic), no filtered water (it still tastes like chlorine)...nothing will ever do for him.
He tastes the "bleech" water in anything, from coffee, tea...etc....and HATES the taste.

So, the water I have to buy for him has to be in bottles, and "clean, crisp and clear" in taste. (Like the table water from Italy, if any)

Gosh....he drives me up the wall with this, since he KNOWS WHAT and HOW water is suppose to taste like.....LOL.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:29 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,336,746 times
I voted for "very rarely," but that has only been the case since we've been back in the Midwest, about the past 9 years and a bit.

When we lived 15 miles from the Rio Grande, about 70 miles before it emptied into the Gulf of Mexico, we avoided tap water as much as we could. By that point, according to calculations by water experts, every molecule of water in the Rio Grande had been removed, run through a city water system, consumed, excreted and dumped back into the river at least 4 times. It was so heavily chlorinated that when we showered, the bathroom smelled like a swimming pool. My late mother, who was a frugal sort, liked to grow her own alfalfa sprouts, but the tap water in the Rio Grande Valley rotted the seeds before they sprouted. Yeah, in Texas, even if the bottled water wasn't perfect, it was a d**n sight better than what came out of the tap.

Living in the Midwest, smack dab in the middle of the Great Lakes region, that is no longer a problem, and it is a rare day that we drink bottled water. We generally try to take tap water in bottles when we travel or go on a day-long excursion to prevent the need to buy it. There just isn't any reason to spend that kind of money when perfectly potable water is available to us from the tap.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:37 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
I will just as soon drink tap water at home after it has been chilled in the fridge. I only drink bottled water because we get it free at work. I used to live in a coastal area where the water did taste a little funky or had that low tide smell...but the Orlando tap water is just fine.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:58 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,997,633 times
I never buy bottled water, unless I'm someplace where there's nothing else to drink--like a "pit" stop on a road trip.
At home, there's NOTHING wrong with tap water! Add a bit of ice, and it's super-great! (Or refrigerate!)
I've never been one of those folks who walks around with a bottle of anything to drink in their hand---what's the point of that? I just don't get it! I get plenty of fluids throughout the day (your food contains about 80% of what you need in liquids) so lugging a drink just seems silly! There are water fountains/coolers almost everywhere you go, if you get thirsty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink