Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 03:55 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,985,389 times

Advertisements

Did you see the scores of rats running around in the KFC/Taco Bell restaurant in New York's Greenwich Village in video taken this morning???
There weren't only LOTS of rats, they were crawling on the seats, tables where people eat, jumping from table to table....and crawling on the counters where food is prepared!
After my experience eating half a cockroach in my Wendy's burger years ago, and now this whole thing with Taco Bell being overrun by rats....
I'm going to be doing even more home cooking.

Makes you wonder how many restaurants and fast food places in YOUR town or city have rat infestations too....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 04:27 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
When I was in San Juan I was sitting in a pretty nice restaurant enjoying my dinner when a HUGE rat peeked in the window at me. It was near closing time, and the waiter told me that all of the scraps are fed to the rats nightly to keep them from coming in to look for food. When I left I peeked around back, and sure enough, there were close to 100 FAT rats sitting patiently near the back door waiting to be fed. I guess I would rather see them outside than inside, but..........

Old 02-23-2007, 06:13 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,985,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
When I was in San Juan I was sitting in a pretty nice restaurant enjoying my dinner when a HUGE rat peeked in the window at me. It was near closing time, and the waiter told me that all of the scraps are fed to the rats nightly to keep them from coming in to look for food. When I left I peeked around back, and sure enough, there were close to 100 FAT rats sitting patiently near the back door waiting to be fed. I guess I would rather see them outside than inside, but..........
Well, I guess there's some logic to that Puerto Rican strategy, though I'm glad I never encountered that when I was in Puerto Rico!!!
And rats, though disgusting, are awfully smart creatures. Why go through all that physical effort of scrounging if they know they can queue and get fed?

Old 02-24-2007, 02:09 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
I don't like to eat out, you never know what has been done to the food. In this case it just enforces my belief that cooking at home is what I am meant to do!

Old 02-24-2007, 09:16 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,552,660 times
I can see the defense now, your honor those were taco bell pups.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:28 PM

259 posts, read 939,098 times
Cities are loaded with Rats because they live the sewers. They breed by eating the crap from your behind. The only way to reduce their numbers is to put bio-degradable toilets in all buildings commericial and residental. By law people should be given time to convert.

The trade unions like the plumbers might not like the idea but that is tough luck. The unions have prevented our country from developing robotic enginnerring and now look. We are behind Europe and Japan and China and India. Shall I go on!! Trade unionists should smoke animal droppings instead of the illigal drugs that are bankrupting our economy.

If we opposed automobiles in favor of the Horse and Buggy's. Those rats would still be swarming in the streets looking for horse droppings.

Old 02-25-2007, 04:48 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,552,660 times
Quote:
Shall I go on!!
please do this is interesting

Old 02-25-2007, 05:41 PM

43 posts, read 146,523 times
Actually rats are everywhere, yes even in the country, and not just sewers. I am sure rats infest areas you would never imagine. They are very intelligent and are very adaptable to many a situation. Maybe we should have rat tacos at Taco Bell and crispy rat legs at Kentucky Fried Chicken?? hmmmmm....

Old 02-25-2007, 06:23 PM

259 posts, read 939,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbunny View Post
Actually rats are everywhere, and not just sewers. rats infest areas you would never imagine. Maybe we should have rat tacos at Taco Bell and crispy rat legs at Kentucky Fried Chicken?? hmmmmm....
illooww illooww illooww Some attest to the fact that they are in our food anyhow. They find rat hairs and urine and droppings inside prepackaged foods.

Did ya know? iiiillllloooowwww

Old 02-25-2007, 06:39 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,236,146 times
We need MORE snakes. Problem solved /
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink