Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 09:39 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,018,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
My thinking is, when you are hungry enough, you are happy with what is available. But if you are never hungry and food is always plentiful and you enjoying having people wait on you, then you turn out to be a picky eater.
Disagree completely. I only ever buy what I know I like to eat, even if I am extremely hungry. I've never had people "wait on me". The thought of eating foods I don't like will make me sick.

So yes I am a picky eater. But so what? Live and let live for god's sake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 09:58 AM

756 posts, read 2,218,377 times
I am not a picky eater and I have the figure to prove it! However, there are a few foods that I don't like. Mayo is one of them. If I know a dip or food is made with it, its makes me want to gag!

My mom once made this great artichoke dip that I would love to eat. I asked her for the recipe and found out it's made with mayo!! Since I have known that, I can't stand the dip!

No matter how hungry I am, I won't eat that!

Old 05-23-2009, 02:25 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post
Disagree completely. I only ever buy what I know I like to eat, even if I am extremely hungry. I've never had people "wait on me". The thought of eating foods I don't like will make me sick.

I don't think you have ever been really hungry. Trust me a few days without food and only some rank water to drink and scorpions and grubs start to look like a real treat...

Old 05-23-2009, 07:29 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,442,839 times
Quote:

If you go to someone's house and continually refuse what they serve or else eat half and push all the odd bits off to the side of the plate, the message you send to your hostess is that it takes extra to please you, and it makes you look a bit spoiled. Sorry, but true.

Old 05-23-2009, 07:49 PM

413 posts, read 1,368,166 times
I was raised to be glad to have food on the table. It sounds like a lot of spoiled people who had mom at their beck and call. Trust me if you ever were truly hungry you would be glad for whatever was served. Trade places with a homeless person who eats whatever they find and you will soon quit your whining.

And if you do this when you are invited to people's homes I bet you have no friends either.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:36 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,442,839 times
PasstheChocolate has started another great thread on picky eaters. Come visit:

//www.city-data.com/forum/food-...ml#post8953728

Old 05-24-2009, 08:59 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:

I seriously doubt that "the thought of", or even actually eating, foods you do not like, will make you sick. It might make you unhappy, or upset but not sick. Besides that how will you ever know if you don't like something, if all you ever eat is food you KNOW you like already? What a boring outlook on life. Is this how you are with people, books, jobs also? Only doing what you already know you like?

Old 07-01-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I seriously doubt that "the thought of", or even actually eating, foods you do not like, will make you sick. It might make you unhappy, or upset but not sick.
Well that's not for the likes of you to care about is it?

Quote:

Besides that how will you ever know if you don't like something, if all you ever eat is food you KNOW you like already?
How would I know what I didn't like if I'd not already tried it? I try new things all the time and decide if I like them or not, and avoid what I didn't like. Logic too hard to comprehend?

Quote:
What a boring outlook on life. Is this how you are with people, books, jobs also? Only doing what you already know you like?
Gosh you're a bit dim aren't you?
So you judge I must be boring from something you ASSUMED about me in the first place? You write a question and then give your next reply as if I had said "yes" to "is this how you are with people books etc...

Nice assumption on my life BTW you must feel so much superior. Tit

Old 07-01-2009, 06:05 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
I'm far from "dim" thanks....

You might try reading your own words.
Quote:
I only ever buy what I know I like to eat, even if I am extremely hungry. I've never had people "wait on me". The thought of eating foods I don't like will make me sick
If that's all you "ever" do, then how do you ever try anything new -especially if even "the thought" of eating foods you don't like, will make you sick? I certainly don't feel "superior" just amazed that someone I presume is an adult person would go through life like that...Certainly your choice though. And I at least never called you "dim". Very nice.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
I'm far from "dim" thanks....

You might try reading your own words.

If that's all you "ever" do, then how do you ever try anything new -especially if even "the thought" of eating foods you don't like, will make you sick? I certainly don't feel "superior" just amazed that someone I presume is an adult person would go through life like that...Certainly your choice though. And I at least never called you "dim". Very nice.
Sorry but you just proved the point again. I DON'T KNOW if I like something until I try it, hence trying something new every day.

Thinking about certain foods doesn't make me sick until I know from experience that those foods make me sick!!! E.g: having tried it before, and not liked it!
Example: I once tried Oysters. I did not know whether I would like them or not. I didn't like them. Now the thought of them makes me feel sick.

Get it now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink