Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 11:36 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,720,720 times

Advertisements

You Talkin' to ME?

Last edited by Hoosier; 06-24-2007 at 03:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2007, 11:38 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
You Talkin' to ME?
ohhhhh myyyyyyyy. And who is that gorgeous little fellow? Don't tell me it's you pre your 6 y.o. pic!

Old 04-11-2007, 03:13 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
ohhhhh myyyyyyyy. And who is that gorgeous little fellow? Don't tell me it's you pre your 6 y.o. pic!
Heck no! That could never be Mr. Hoosier ... that little guy is way too cute

The little fellow must get it from his mommy's side

Old 04-11-2007, 04:03 PM

awwww....yer just bein' mean. He does get his good looks from his mommy. But he is definitely a daddy's boy right now. It's all about guy time these days! Speaking of which...it's quittin' time so better run out the door, sit in traffic, and sit some more...grab a iced peppermint mocha and pick up my little guy from preschool.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:21 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
awwww....yer just bein' mean. He does get his good looks from his mommy. But he is definitely a daddy's boy right now. It's all about guy time these days! Speaking of which...it's quittin' time so better run out the door, sit in traffic, and sit some more...grab a iced peppermint mocha and pick up my little guy from preschool.
So who's the mocha for ... you or the little guy?

Have a great afternoon Mr. Hoosier and son

Old 04-11-2007, 08:52 PM

The mocha is for daddy!! Although my little guy loves his mochas too. I tell the barista to make him a kiddie mocha. At first they're confused and want to give him a coffee. I'm like, "no way honey, not unless you want to babysit 'til 1 a.m. so he'll get to sleep." and mind you this is at 9 a.m.! So his kiddie mocha is a hot chocolate with peppermint...cause he wants to be just like daddy.

It's hilarious because we'll pass Starbucks on the way to preschool and many times I stop to get a coffee before work. Some days when he sees us headed there he'll recite my order. It's hilarious. 4 year old saying this "I'll have a venti coffee, extra shot with cream and 2 splenda." Oh am I too predictable or what!!

Thanks for your sweet comments on the positive rep Tet tea.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:32 AM

793 posts, read 3,122,523 times
Green tea in the morning w/ a touch of honey, or most other caffeinated teas. I know quite a bit about nutrition, but I was surprised to read recently that an apple has more caffeine than a cup of coffee. I haven't explored this and of course it is a vague "factoid" (how much, what type).
I will say this: I never will understand the adulation for coffee. It really doesn't do a great deal to perk me up, it does some scary things to my inner organs, creates alot of grumbling in my stomach and gives me hunger pains (what is all this talk about supressing appetite?), tastes like charcoal and just to tolerate the taste, I would need to dump some ill-advisable crappy artificial sweetner into it. Oh, and let's not forget the nasty stains on the teeth! Hot tea does none of the above and is healthier from my perspective!

Old 04-17-2007, 02:32 PM

769 posts, read 2,220,612 times
Coffee - love the smell and taste, hot,cold, lukewarm....HAVE to have a cup in the morning - love to have one when I first get to work. Can be plain coffee, or a Caribou Turtle Mocha or Lite White Berry!!

Tea - too many to list! Usually hot, and any time of the day - any season of the year!

Chai tea - fresh made with raw sugar

cappucino - usually a late night treat with my daughter (it's decaf, alright??)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink