Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 12:40 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
I had a previous boyfriend that would come into the kitchen, ask when the meal was going to be ready, I'd say fifteen minutes and he'd go get a snack. Then, he would not be hungry to eat the meal when it was ready and say "I'll warm it up later..." That really peeved me, especially since I'm a good cook and I would put a lot of effort into the meals.
DH does that, makes me crazeeeeee!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 03:30 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,964,089 times
My husband will always say that he is going to get stuff taken care of before dinner. So ten minutes before dinner is ready, he starts it. And then he gets all huffy when I tell him dinner is getting cold because "I didn't know it'd be that quick!" He's such a bad procrastinator..it drives me nuts.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:18 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,200,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
DH does that, makes me crazeeeeee!
Maybe he needs a frying pan thrown at him.lol

Old 10-16-2009, 12:21 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,902,601 times
YES! The constant lack of counter space. Too many small appliances around taking up space. When I have my dream kitchen it will have a HUGE island in the middle with a veggie sink, gas cook top with a built in grill, space above to hang pots, deep drawers for holding everything else and lots and lots of SPACE.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:32 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Kids or dogs underfoot. I bustle around that kitchen like a man on a mission, and I don't want to have to worry about tripping over anybody. Stay out of my way or get stepped on. My dog knows to stay out of my way.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:40 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
YES! The constant lack of counter space. Too many small appliances around taking up space. When I have my dream kitchen it will have a HUGE island in the middle with a veggie sink, gas cook top with a built in grill, space above to hang pots, deep drawers for holding everything else and lots and lots of SPACE.
I put all my small appliances in the cabinet. I have the blender, toaster, juicer, crockpot, mixer.

The only thing I keep out is the can opener and microwave.

I like your dream kitchen, btw.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:45 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,902,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I put all my small appliances in the cabinet. I have the blender, toaster, juicer, crockpot, mixer.

The only thing I keep out is the can opener and microwave.

I like your dream kitchen, btw.
I have a pretty big toaster oven which is the main problem. ( I never use the big oven here in FL) The lack of counter space close to the stove is an issue though for chopping, and I like to have the knife block and cutting boards easily accessible too.

Believe me, I've been planning the kitchen in my head for years. Someday I will have it, even if I have to build it myself!!

Old 10-16-2009, 01:33 PM

430 posts, read 1,312,573 times
I have great counter space.

My huge pet peeve is that we have nice big double drawers next to the stove. So while I am trying to cook, someone inevitably has to get into that drawer for a spoon, fork, etc....

We tried putting the silverware and utensils in a further drawer, but then it was to far from the stove for me to grab stuff while cooking.

So I get annoyed and they forget how much it annoys me, but we all agree the wider drawer next to the stove is a PIA.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:11 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
"Is it done yet?"

"Is it done yet?"

"Is it done yet" (that makes three times in ten minutes, Tim, have patience.)

Oh, wait, it's not ME that it bothers. Well, I guess in a way, it bothers me when I'm the one cooking. Because I'm impatient. Made the Hamburger Helper according to directions (I thought). Said bring it all to a boli, and then simmer, covered, for 25 minutes. Remove from heat, and the sauce will thicken.

Well, I let it sit for 15 minutes, stirred it around a bit, and it was still soupy. I ate it that way, but didn't want my leftovers to turn out that way, so I put it back on the heat. Medium high. I burned it--but it didn't set the detector off this time. It just burnt to the bottom of the pan. It's soaking now.

Last edited by TKramar; 10-16-2009 at 04:36 PM..

Old 10-16-2009, 04:34 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
"Is it done yet?"

"Is it done yet?"

"Is it done yet" (that makes three times in ten minutes, Tim, have patience.)

Oh, wait, it's not ME that bothers. Well, I guess in a way, it bothers me when I'm the one cooking. Because I'm impatient. Made the Hamburger Helper according to directions (I thought). Said bring it all to a boli, and then simmer, covered, for 25 minutes. Remove from heat, and the sauce will thicken.

Well, I let it sit for 15 minutes, stirred it around a bit, and it was still soupy. I ate it that way, but didn't want my leftovers to turn out that way, so I put it back on the heat. Medium high. I burned it--but it didn't set the detector off this time. It just burnt to the bottom of the pan. It's soaking now.

poor thing! Good grief Charlie Brown! LOL So sorry about your burned pan. THAT is one of the things I hate while cooking. Has not happened around here very often because they eat it all before it is even done! sheesh!

But then, you know about that type of behavior, don't you?!?!?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink