Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2009, 08:37 PM

218 posts, read 468,652 times

Advertisements

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR GOOD SUGGESTIONS! Here Is what we decided.
for the meats
whole roasted pig (chopped,BBQ)-(donated)
75 lbs of chicken (donated)
50 lbs of roast Beef (donated)
50 lbs of chicken and pastry (donated)

veggies
green beans
mashed potatoes (potatoes donated)
sweet potatoes (donated)
candied yams (donated)
butter beans
collards (donated)
corn
Mac & cheese
stuffing
deviled eggs (donated)

desserts
chocolate cake
red velvet cake
banana pudding
pecan pie (donated)
cookies (100 dz-donated)
pumpkin roll
blueberry clobbler

The donut and coffee shops here are donating coffee ,donuts,bagels,and all the fixings for the morning helpers. I guess they are feeling the Christmas spirit early. I thank them. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and will help those who can't help themselves. Also many donations for the kids toys. Thank you WALMART, Sams Club, PORT CITY JAVA, and the rest who has help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 09:11 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,552,191 times
***Cool beans! Congratulations on the donations!***

Great work on your part. You can ask the veteran organizations if they have anyone who'd like to volunteer to help, too, if you need more in that way.

Warm wishes, Kate

Old 11-15-2009, 12:43 PM

Default I Thank the Military

I wanted also to do a Christmas for the Families of the Marines that have loved ones over seas. The people that is charge of this has their hands full doing this. So I can only hope that somebody or organization will take on the challege. I didn't forget about the troops. GOD BLESS THEM...EVERYONE OF THEM...

.HAPPY BIRTHDAY USMC

Old 11-15-2009, 01:07 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,552,191 times
Regarding Marines Christmas:

Someone should ask the veteran organizations if they have members who'd like to help OR if they know of anyone or any other organization to ask. I'm thinking, VFW .... Elks (not vets I guess but you know what I mean!).

You're a great lady, Pandora's box!

Old 01-06-2010, 08:51 PM

Default Christmas Dinner in Prison

The Christmas dinner for the Prisoners was wonderful. The inmates wrapped their kids presents and gave them to the kids. The kids were all sitting in their DAD"s laps hugging and kissing them all day. When it was over.... All..everyone of them thanked us and wished us "A MERRY CHRISTMAS"It was a good feeling, Thanks for all the goos IDEAS.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:09 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Thanks for letting us know how it turned out. You are an angel on earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink