Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 07:14 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,571,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by W James III View Post
Name the top 5 restaurants in your city

Ok here is how this works,

I want everyone to list the top five restaurants in their city that are not big corporate chains; you know the “Off the beaten path” local places that are often the best.

First you have to name the city and then your list as follows:

Dallas Texas

Ruggeri’s Italian Restaurant
Mi Concina Mexican Restaurant
Campisi’s Pizza at the Egyptian room
The Stoneleigh P
Country Burger in Plano

Feel free to add your own list of special places even if you live in a city that’s already been posted.

PS I added the pictures for fun, you don’t have to
Gawd, how can you choose 5 from Dallas? It would be impossible for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 09:36 PM

273 posts, read 701,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Gawd, how can you choose 5 from Dallas? It would be impossible for me.

Well list the ones you like if it’s more than five it’s alright

Old 02-14-2010, 10:42 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,959,371 times
How can you choose 5 from San Antonio?? No way!! I haven't been to all of them and never will!! I could see asking top five national top fast food or chain restaurants in your area. Local places would have no meaning to someone elsewhere.....

Old 02-15-2010, 04:42 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,658,817 times
My 5 favourites,

Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons - only for special occasions as it is so, so, so expensive !
Edamame
Gee's
Quod's
The Old Parsonage

Le Manoir Aux Quat'Saisons | Raymond Blanc's Two Michelin Star Restaurant & Hotel in Oxfordshire
Edamame, Japanese, Restaurant, Oxford, Sushi, Noodles, Home Cooking, edamame.co.uk
Gee's Restaurant & Bar : Oxford Restaurant serving Traditional British Food
Quod Brasserie & Bar : Gallery
The Old Parsonage Hotel in Oxford : Gallery

Old 02-15-2010, 07:30 AM

104 posts, read 422,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
How can you choose 5 from San Antonio?? No way!! I haven't been to all of them and never will!! I could see asking top five national top fast food or chain restaurants in your area. Local places would have no meaning to someone elsewhere.....
This is a cool way to find out about Mom and Pop restaurants I may visit when I go back to visit family in Dallas. If you want to break it down in catagories...YOU pose the question and we will jump thru your hoop.
BLD

Old 02-15-2010, 09:25 AM

273 posts, read 701,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post

List the top five that you have been to or that you know, doest have to be the “Top ten” of all of them.

As for not having any significance to others who don’t live there, I disagree. There are many people who travel and visit other cities and like to find the local places to visit while in town.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:36 PM

16,806 posts, read 40,014,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
My 5 favourites,
Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons - only for special occasions as it is so, so, so expensive !

Le Manoir Aux Quat'Saisons | Raymond Blanc's Two Michelin Star Restaurant & Hotel in Oxfordshire
Is that the Blanc from Last Restaurant Standing?

Old 02-15-2010, 01:43 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,959,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barney lee douglas View Post
This is a cool way to find out about Mom and Pop restaurants I may visit when I go back to visit family in Dallas. If you want to break it down in catagories...YOU pose the question and we will jump thru your hoop.
BLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by W James III View Post
List the top five that you have been to or that you know, doest have to be the “Top ten” of all of them.

As for not having any significance to others who don’t live there, I disagree. There are many people who travel and visit other cities and like to find the local places to visit while in town.
Restaurants come and go quite frequently !! This still would be a thread better fit to a specific City forum you 're about to visit. We have them all the time in SA for people coming to town soon. But, since you insist. I'll try!
Los Barrios
Don Pedros
Texas Roadhouse
La Fogata's
Sea Island

Old 02-15-2010, 01:47 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,751,706 times
Capalbo's Pizza
Olympic Cafe
Rico's Pizzeria
Woody's BBQ (don't know if this is a chain or not.)
First Watch (which is based out of my area.)

Old 02-15-2010, 01:55 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,743,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Don't even have 5 restaurants in my city, er town, er village ...
I am seriously feeling your pain.

Connersville, IN:

.....hang on, I'm thinking.....

Yes, yes, we have some...but definitely not 5.

Southern Style (started after the one, major employer here closed shop in '07...the owner, needing to reinvent herself, combined her love of southern cuisine with enrollment in culinary school. The result is an ever-expanding menu literally daring the deep-fried-everything locals to use those dormant taste buds of theirs. Always excellent)

Asian Delight (comes very close to my favorite Chinese place from the Seattle area...they know us by our first names )

Stacks Pancake House (very small local chain, maybe 3 restaurants in all, and the proprieter of ours is from Greece...which has finally manifested in the addition of about 5 Greek dishes to their standard breakfasts and lunches. We now have GREEK FOOD! Here! In Connersville! **faints**)

That's it. The rest of the joints are bars, greasy spoons, chains, boring pizza places, or other local restaurants (2 or 3) that don't truly merit a mention here.

Last edited by rayneinspain; 02-15-2010 at 02:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink