Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2011, 02:48 PM

39 posts, read 140,011 times

Advertisements

Since receiving my NOD a few weeks ago, here in California (a non-judicial foreclosure state), I am aware that based on the California foreclosure timeline, I knew that I had until early June before my Trustee Sale would take place. So needless to say, I have been receiving all kinds of junk mail from lawyers and assorted companies trying to sell their services to stop or help in my upcoming foreclosure.

Now with that being said, I just received a piece of junk mail from a lawyer (another stop foreclosure offer) that is telling me that my trustee has filed a Notice of Trustee Sale with Los Angeles County, and that my residence will be sold on 07/06/2011. It was nice to learn that I "may" have at least an extra month than I had planned to stay in my home, but I have not received anything from the trustee telling me about the actual trustee sale date, as I did not expect to hear anything from the trustee with a sale date until around May 8th.

Yet according to the California foreclosure timeline, I have at least 3 months (90 days) before the Trustee Sale can take place, with following happening 20 days prior to Sale Date:

1. Begin publishing Notice Of Sale in an adjudicated newspaper. (must run once a week for 3 consecutive weeks).

2. Post the Notice of Sale on the property itself.

3. Mail Notice of Sale to the trustor and all other parties to which the Notice of Default was mailed as required under Section 2924 (b) (1).

So did I miss something? As I only received my NOD on March 9th, since the NOD was filed on the March 8th. Yet now, it seems that somehow some outside company has got information that I do not have . . . the notice information of my Trustee Sale. So now it makes me wonder what will happen next, i.e. will someone come out earlier to post a notice on my door and post the sale in a newspaper more than 20 days prior to the sale date. Yet since I received this information via junk mail from that lawyer, I have no idea if the information about my sale date is valid, since I have not received anything from the trustee.

Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 03:19 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,576,169 times
You may be able to check on-line for the recorded notice and the sale date. We can do that through our county recorder's on-line website. Google your county's name + recorder.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:23 PM

143 posts, read 431,375 times
Broke, you are correct in your timeline. You will get a Notice of Trustee Sale in the mail when that is scheduled and yes, posted on the house itself.

These lawyers are just churning out mail, most likely. Definitely check it out though.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:10 PM

39 posts, read 140,011 times
I sincerely apologize to you two for my taking so long to reply back and I also thank you all for being so nice and kind to help me on this subject, however the past few weeks have been a nightmare for me (as some of you now already know, from my prior postings today). Today is the first day that I have been able to make it back to the forums, to reply back and thank you for your help.

I have been tending to a semi-invalid 91 year friend all this year, then I came down with a bad cold 2 weeks ago, my car broke down on me twice (since I made my original posting) and I did not have the money to get it fixed right away both times, and I have been very down and glum over my financial situation. Yet at least I had enough money yesterday to get my car fixed, so now I have a car again.

Based on what you two have shared (Rjrcm, and LisainCali) it has been a big help. Thank you so very much for your help.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:01 PM

2 posts, read 34,335 times
Broke, you are correct in the timeline of the foreclosure process in California. You can also get a copy of the N.O.T.S from a title company (a copy the trustee filed with the county registrar.) The Banks are very good at getting the notices to you especially nowadays.
I am sorry to hear about the things that are happening with you. It always seems like when it rains it pores.

[mod]no soliciting[/mod]

Last edited by Marka; 05-24-2011 at 02:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs