Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 10:39 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Thanks it sounds totally contradictory to me. But I'm not certain this assistant knows what she's saying either.
Many assistants are not licensed Realtors. In truth, she may never have read a contract but just be a paper pusher. This is why I say that what is in the contract is what matters.

Be certain to read the entirety of your contract to make certain there are no clauses contradicting the inspection, notice of unacceptable conditions, and Seller's resolutions of such conditions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 05:34 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,581,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Many assistants are not licensed Realtors. In truth, she may never have read a contract but just be a paper pusher. This is why I say that what is in the contract is what matters.

Be certain to read the entirety of your contract to make certain there are no clauses contradicting the inspection, notice of unacceptable conditions, and Seller's resolutions of such conditions.
Great advice .

Each bank has their own version of the addendum, some more restrictive than others. Perhaps the assistant as thinking of another one with different language. If you have any doubt, then consult an RE attorney.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:54 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,534,516 times
Bank owned and we negotiated for them to buy a fridge, pay all closing and do some minor work needed.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:34 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times
Boy after this whole experience I seriously do not want to buy another house for a loooooong time and definitely not a foreclosure.

Just a quick update, cause I need to vent. We were suppose to go to inspection the weekend of Nov. 5th but found out the house had been winterized and needed to be dewinterized. It was ordered and we were told would be done in the next few days. On Nov. 8th we were informed that the dewinterization could not be done because the water is turned off and the bank or (or listing agency) is getting the run around from Baltimore City about getting the water on. We're told no firm date but they will try back in 5 days to see if its on. I followed up today and my realtor was told by the listing agent's assistant that the water is still not on and she has to try again in 5-7 days.

So my husband just called the City and found out the 1st call to turn on the water was made on 11/8 (4 days after the ratified contract), on 11/9, the request was deemed invalid because the requestor is not the owner, according to the water dept, the original owner's name is still on the account. Yesterday 11/14, the bank called back and was told in order to get the water on, they need to send in a copy of the deed with the letter request and from there it will take 2 weeks to process.

2 weeks!!! Then we get the dewinterization and then, get to a full home inspection. By then it will be Dec, we're scheduled to close on 12/29 and I'm suppose to put in my 30 day notice at my current apt by 11/30. We were hoping to close sooner so we'd have time to install appliances, put in new flooring and paint.

Big freaking headache!! I'm just hopeful the bank will get to moving on things and we do not delay closing. I want to get the keys and run far away from all of these people!

Old 01-03-2012, 09:02 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times
Just a quick update.

We CLOSED ON 12/29 and absolutely LOVE the house!! Its even bigger now that the furniture is in it and we've worked hard all weekend making repairs and getting things situated. Its coming along beautifully.

What a great way to end the year; by making a huge lifelong dream come true.

Thanks everyone who gave helpful, insightful advice!

Old 01-03-2012, 09:29 AM

157 posts, read 499,283 times
CONGRATS!!!

Old 01-04-2012, 01:25 PM

1,455 posts, read 2,497,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
You can't negotiate on bank addenda. Their attorney's won't let it happen. They will walk away from buyers every time. It is their way or no house. All banks are like that.
Patently not true based on my experience in May 2011. We bought a bank-owned foreclosure in Tigard, OR and negotiated several things including repairs to the tune of more that $5.5K on a contract that was supposedly non negotiable (we even signed a waiver negating our right to negotiate when we made the offer as a condition of them even reviewing the offer!).

This was with Wells Fargo. It might have helped that I am a long-time WF customer, our mortgage was with WF and the property was owned by WF.

- Tim

Old 01-04-2012, 02:21 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,581,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timfountain View Post
Patently not true based on my experience in May 2011. We bought a bank-owned foreclosure in Tigard, OR and negotiated several things including repairs to the tune of more that $5.5K on a contract that was supposedly non negotiable (we even signed a waiver negating our right to negotiate when we made the offer as a condition of them even reviewing the offer!). ...
Silverfall was referring to bank addenda boiler plate language, not the terms of the purchase. They will not change their legal language/clauses. You can always try to negotiate terms such as repairs, and you can sometimes be successful such is in your case.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:41 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,959 times
Quote:
Just a quick update.

We CLOSED ON 12/29 and absolutely LOVE the house!! Its even bigger now that the furniture is in it and we've worked hard all weekend making repairs and getting things situated. Its coming along beautifully.

Its about time Miss, my fingers have been cramping from keeping them crossed so long! I am soooooo happy for you and hubby. You had patience, did your homework, asked for help when needed, and kept pushing. You did everything right. Did the inspection come in ok? I just wondered if you asked for anything to be fixed, and the bank agreed to do it. What a wonderful late Christmas present for you to get. Have fun fixing up the ol' homestead and thanks for keeping us updated. I'm truly happy for you both...makes ya kinda feel like a real grown-up huh?

Old 01-04-2012, 04:47 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,483,844 times
Quote:
Just a quick update.

Good for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs