Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2014, 12:17 PM

387 posts, read 351,796 times

Advertisements

Good Afternoon everyone! After reading through a bunch of these stories I thought I would share my own.

List Price: $325,000 - price drop the same day to $300,000
Offer: $300,000 with no closing assistance, as is
One lein (that we know of), with Wells Fargo

1/7/14: Home is listed on market again (previous buyers backed out because of inspection)
1/11/14: Offer made for list price (with a request of closing 3/17/14 which is the earliest we can close, of course anticipate this will take longer
1/13/14: Seller accepts offer but changes closing date to 2/17/14 (odd, as this is a known short sale)
1/19/14: Received previous inspection that caused buyers to cancel previous contract, no issues so we waive this contingency. Agree to do pest / wood inspection now before bank approval
1/23/14: Pest / Wood rot inspection complete. No issues so we waive this contingency
1/25/14: Contract ratified by buyers and sellers. We are waiting for bank approval before order appraisal.
1/29/14: EMD cashed and places in escrow.
1/31/14: Confirmation from our agent that sellers bank has documentation and HUD.

Obviously, like many we are hoping for a quick short sale, but who knows. When our agent spoke to the listing agent, she was told that anything under the list price would not be accepted (which was odd in itself since the house was listed at $325k, but dropped the same day to $300k). So we are not sure if this was an approved listing, or what. The fact that they changed the original closing date to next month was unsual, at least to us.

It is our understanding that the house already went through the short sale process on the last contract, and was only canceled after the inspection which we were told came after the bank approval. How correct is that, we do not know. I have no idea if it already going through most of the steps helps or not, as techincially I am aware that every short sale / contract is different. Even if it is the same house.

In a fun twist, we sold our last house in 2010 as a short sale after we had to close our business and move. Finally, after waiting for BK discharge to clear, then the 2 year after short sale time frame (which is up March 16th so that explains our date of March 17th ), we were ready to buy a house. How ironic the house we fell in love with is a short sale.

So who knows....our clock has started though!

Last edited by ctousley819; 02-03-2014 at 12:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 02:37 PM

60 posts, read 130,657 times
Congrats!

I hope mine is this fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctousley819 View Post
Good Afternoon everyone! After reading through a bunch of these stories I thought I would share my own.

1/7/14: Home is listed on market again (previous buyers backed out because of inspection)
1/11/14: Offer made for list price (with a request of closing 3/17/14 which is the earliest we can close, of course anticipate this will take longer
1/13/14: Seller accepts offer but changes closing date to 2/17/14 (odd, as this is a known short sale)
1/19/14: Received previous inspection that caused buyers to cancel previous contract, no issues so we waive this contingency. Agree to do pest / wood inspection now before bank approval
1/23/14: Pest / Wood rot inspection complete. No issues so we waive this contingency
1/25/14: Contract ratified by buyers and sellers. We are waiting for bank approval before order appraisal.
1/31/14: Confirmation from our agent that sellers bank has documentation and HUD.

Obviously, like many we are hoping for a quick short sale, but who knows. When our agent spoke to the listing agent, she was told that anything under the list price would not be accepted (which was odd in itself since the house was listed at $325k, but dropped the same day to $300k). So we are not sure if this was an approved listing, or what. The fact that they changed the original closing date to next month was unsual, at least to us.

It is our understanding that the house already went through the short sale process on the last contract, and was only canceled after the inspection which we were told came after the bank approval. How correct is that, we do not know. I have no idea if it already going through most of the steps helps or not, as techincially I am aware that every short sale / contract is different. Even if it is the same house.

In a fun twist, we sold our last house in 2010 as a short sale after we had to close our business and move. Finally, after waiting for BK discharge to clear, then the 2 year after short sale time frame (which is up March 16th so that explains our date of March 17th ), we were ready to buy a house. How ironic the house we fell in love with is a short sale.

So who knows....our clock has started though!

Old 02-05-2014, 12:30 PM

120 posts, read 215,106 times
It is nice to see some of you are seeing some progress with your short sales. We just received some paperwork from the title company with basic information. I am guessing it came because they finally cashed the earnest check and opened an escrow.

They did escalate the BPO last week since it was never performed when they ordered it on the 10th but haven't gotten any info as of yet if they actually did it. Time goes very slowly with a SS. We actually offered in November so our contract expires at the end of the month. We will have to sign an extension soon since it never made it to the bank until January.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:30 PM

17 posts, read 28,468 times
I got a call from my realtor that the listing agent told him today that the bank decision may come in/under 10 days. Is this normal?

Old 02-05-2014, 12:36 PM

120 posts, read 215,106 times
You are very fortunate to have the LA experienced in short sales. He is probably in constant contact with the bank to help move things along. While not typical, not unheard of either for such a quick response. Good Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezawada View Post
I got a call from my realtor that the listing agent told him today that the bank decision may come in/under 10 days. Is this normal?

Last edited by Luvmy3dogs; 02-05-2014 at 12:52 PM..

Old 02-05-2014, 02:57 PM

60 posts, read 130,657 times
I heard back from my agent and she said that we are making great progress with first lender and very close to approval but they have to work with the 2nd lender a little bit, which is citibank. Anyone have experience with them? Fingers crossed and hoping everything goes good.

Old 02-06-2014, 04:06 AM

78 posts, read 135,879 times
Thats great Bezawada...I wish you the best of luck.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:36 AM

17 posts, read 28,468 times
Good luck to you guys as well. The 10 day seems unrealistic to me but hey if it comes back I am going to be super happy.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:48 AM

I think I would even take an agent telling me 10 days even if it wasn't necessarily true. I e-mailed my agent yesterday about making sure Wells Fargo had assigned a negotiator and started the process for ordering the BPO. Haven't heard back from him yet.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:11 AM

Update:

2/6/14: E-mailed our agent inquiring as to whether or not a negotiator has been assigned and BPO ordered
2/7/14: Our agent notified us that the BPO is scheduled for today. He is going to attempt to get some information / answers next week

So all in all a step forward. Just hope the BPO falls in line with the offer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs