Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 05:35 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,838,435 times

Advertisements

I think that it is a combination of A.C. issues, and possibly insulation problems as well. The builder has a good reputation, and seems to have done a good job on our house. We haven't had any major issues since we moved in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 07:12 AM

775 posts, read 1,259,601 times
We were in a situation like this 6 years ago with a condo we bought. There was little to no insulation or noise proofing done. We could hear everything as if it was in the same room. Long story short builder bought our condo back. It does happen

Old 04-15-2013, 09:32 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
If real estate prices have risen, possibly the builder would be glad to buy the house for the original purchase price. Then resell at a higher price. Possibly he verbally told the buyers that he would buy it back for orig price. If he has lots of buyers and not enough homes, he probably could sell it quickly.

They could always buy a window AC unit for that one room. Or one of those rolling units that don't go into a window(they have a vent the size of a dryer vent that could go into the window). Much cheaper than moving, though a window unit can be loud.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:32 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,838,435 times
Thanks Copsgirl73 for the input, and all the rest of you posters, as well. I guess it depends on the builder, and the situation. Have to see what this builders next move is.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:53 AM

3,720 posts, read 10,000,687 times
There is no reason the neighbor cannot get an independent opinion/inspection. At least then they will have either an answer the builder can work with or proof that something is amiss that the builder won't fix. It isn't that expensive, I would have them do it immediately.

The only way to "give it back" to the builder is to default on the loan and have a foreclosure on their record or go to court and sue. Unless the builder is very cooperative and takes it back just on their own good will...hah!

Old 04-19-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN View Post
There is no reason the neighbor cannot get an independent opinion/inspection. At least then they will have either an answer the builder can work with or proof that something is amiss that the builder won't fix. It isn't that expensive, I would have them do it immediately.

The only way to "give it back" to the builder is to default on the loan and have a foreclosure on their record or go to court and sue. Unless the builder is very cooperative and takes it back just on their own good will...hah!
Our builder took it back, we didnt default on any payments nor did we threaten to sue. I think they wanted to prevent the situation from getting that bad. Plus when we showed them what the problems were in our condo they pretty much couldnt say no

Old 04-20-2013, 06:50 AM

4,565 posts, read 10,658,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copsgirl73 View Post
Our builder took it back, we didnt default on any payments nor did we threaten to sue. I think they wanted to prevent the situation from getting that bad. Plus when we showed them what the problems were in our condo they pretty much couldnt say no
They obviously didn't "take it back" there was some type of process. Did they buy the house back from you? You had a closing? New deeds? etc.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
They obviously didn't "take it back" there was some type of process. Did they buy the house back from you? You had a closing? New deeds? etc.
Well obviously. I figured I would spare readers 3 pages of the details. My point is we didnt have to miss payments or threaten to sue anyone in order to get the process going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs