Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2015, 02:45 PM

18 posts, read 25,875 times

Advertisements

Hi

I have been working on a short sale for over six months and the day I received a bank approval was when the sale took place which was on the 30th of april, we did attempt to stop the sale by showing the judge that we have a short sale approval but that was no success. However the realtor mentioned that there is a small chance that the bank would be able to sell me the property when the bank takes ownership. So at the moment this house will be assigned to the REO department, So I was wondering if this would be possible ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 02:57 PM

179 posts, read 268,554 times
I knew a couple with the exact same problem. They were able to buy from the bank but for $40,000 more than they had been set up for in the short sale.

So sorry you are going through this.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:59 PM

605 posts, read 705,179 times
Bummer. Sorry to hear that you're going through this situation, OP. The only thing I think you can do to see what your options are, are to talk to your real estate agent (hopefully you have a good one) and they should be able to provide you with any possible next steps.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:13 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Short sales are iffy at best. Most of the time it is a long haul but it works out in the end.

I had a listing that was a short sale years ago with bank of america and it dragged on and on for over a year. The buyer held on. In the end I finally got the go ahead and a closing date and the very next day they foreclosed? It was really shady in the early days of short sales.

I had another that was extended time and time again. The closing day came and we had a problem with one form and the buyers bank wouldn't close until it was straightened out. The selling bank refused to give another extension, the buyer moved into the house because they had no other place to go. The house was foreclosed on a week or 2 later and luckily the buyer was able to purchase the house through auction and saved themselves about $30,000. I was the agent and got "0".

The paper pushers at the banks don't care about anything except what is on the computer screen in front of them. Real estate is such an emotional business with many ups and downs and it is useless to tell them your personal story.

I would say keep trying but don't hold your breathe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs